• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Colgan Crash That Killed 50 Spurs Quest for Damages That Punish

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Does your airline have ASAP? That would've been the way to go, for both of you.

As far as your proposed course of action, (CVR and Chief pilot), I'm sure you know that would not be the right move. How many times has a Captain kept you from doing something stupid? That's why there are two crewmembers.

It sounds like he changed his tune after you had your say and it sounds like you handled it well, by waiting a while to talk about it.

No, he should not be a dooosh about it in the first place, but please get back to me at age 65 and a day and let me know if you never make that mistake.

And yes, he should have said thanks and sorry in that order, and then bought you a beer.

By the way, I had an FO do this very thing for me once. I said thanks, but I doubt if I said thanks enough, now that I've read your post. But it's all about the KARMA, because every now and then I find myself being huffed or guffawed at when i ask the FO to query tower about us being cleared to cross.

And then there's that time when the FO jammed on the brakes nearly killing our FA, just because I crossed the ILS holdshort (clear day).

It's a big world full of all sorts of dooshes. We're all just trying to keep things summer fresh.

And granted, this little tangent has not much to do with stalling an airplane.

That Crew was a perfect storm of poor training, lack of discipline, and inexperience in the aircraft for the Captain and inexperience in the job for the FO.

Very well put . . .

The real blame for Lexington: Delta Air Lines

The real blame for Buffalo: Continental Air Lines
------

Regional carriers are not airlines: they are clever devices for airlines to shed cost and liability.

Colgan is insured against such lawsuits, right? I mean, they aren't self-insured, are they. If insured, what is the cap?

Is it rolled in with CAL?

To be sure, Cogan is fully insured for these risks. I think it is interesting that Colgan was insured under Pinnacle, which was insured under the NWA (Hull and Liability policy). So in a perverse twist of fate, Delta (not Continental) is liable for these claims if they exceed the policy limits (highly unlikely).

Maybe this is the reason that the day after the crash, Delta cancelled the Pinnacle policy and now Pinnacle (Colgan) has to buy their own insurance at much much higher premiums.

Latest resources

Back