• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Colgan contract/union

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
last time the union talk got loud, there were raises in the payscale, then the talk got quiet.

Time for the Godfather to weight in on this

chperplt said:
The only way a union is going to offer its services, is once someone contacts them.

You aren't big enough for them to make a house call.

Chper is so right again...give that man a free token for the slots at MGM.

Just to give ya a background history of Unions (mainly ALPA) and Colgan...this U bidness turned to sour grapes about 5 years ago here when a Beech Captain who is long gone started the bru-ha-ha with ALPA. Well, the man upstairs found out that he was starting something and bam! He got busted on his next check ride and got fired. Another attempt was made in August 2001. An anonymous U letter circulated around the Colgan system and was met with mixed reviews. A so called committee of 5 actually went to ALPA National in Herndon and talked to ALPA's Chief of Organizing. ALPA response was...now get this..."well, we'll get back to ya, Colgan just doesn't have enough pilots for us to consider your pilot group." In other words, don't call us, we'll call you. The Committee of 5 then went to the USAirways and PSA MEC's to try and get help in orgainizing then September 11 came and nothing has happened since. This also happens to be the last time we got raises around here. The committe of 5 has since disbanded and no word has come from ALPA and no one has approached ALPA from Colgan.

If anyone from Colgan is reading this and is thinking the U word, take this advice from me

1. DO NOT CALL ALPA or any other Union for that matter. If you have been talking to a U, then PM me now cause we need to talk or Furio and Paulie will pay you a visit. If you have been talking, then you are wasting your time with this. I know something that you may or may not know about why there is no U at CJC and why we won't see the U's walk onto the property. I bet Chper knows, don't ya?

2. Second...don't even think about it or the same thing will happen to you like that Beech Captain. They are watching us...

Alot of senior Captains like me here don't want U's for many good reasons. The main reason is that we feel that a U would just worsen our already crappy problems. The biggest changes we need are work rules, safety and scheduling. Would U's help out here, probably but with the current situation of our industry, now is not the time. I'm not bashing ALPA but the current National leadership is "Woerthless" and they have demoralized a proud association of professional pilots including this IP member. If DW would step down from ALPA, then I may reconsider but for now ALPA and any other U ain't comin to knock on our door. They had their chance and they won't get another one any time soon.

Last edited:
HughBeamont said:
What happened to your posts, BigH? Did one of the Senator's emissaries knock on your door?

Not at all, but if I tell you why I'd have to kill ya ....

Keep it on the down low

Watch your back. I hear what you're sayin', but I've heard people suddenly start failing proficiency checks when they are suspected of conspiring...

Latest resources

Back