Colgan contract/union

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Big H,

I'm not bashing, nor do I have any horses in this race but, I interviewed with Colgan and the pilots appeared to have all of the same benefits, wages and work rules as unionized pilots. Did I miss something?

Oh and to our friendly former Colgan pilots who now cherish the FO lifestyle at CMR and ASA, your bashing will be ignored

SmallH

If you think we would bash you for wanting a union, you have a lot of life experience to learn.

The best thing that could ever happen to Colgan and it's employees is a union presence.

Good luck

Whatever you do, having been there the last time someone tried to unionize, keep it among a few pilots you trust. Look into either ALPA (?) or the teamsters, who I think will help establish a union, on a temporary basis, then enable you to establish your own. I don't know the percentage that you need for agreeing on a union. But don't let HEF find out about it!

No more SmallH...

I think it can be done, but it's going to be tough to get it rolling without the old man finding out. He always said he would rather sell the company before allowing a union in the house. I don't think he can do that with all he's got put into it.

Anything can be done.. Your pay isn't the issue.. It's the work rules that need to improve!!

Good luck!!!

As B said.. be very very quiet if you walk down this road.

Very quiet, but it can be done! You have the amount of pilots, the only problem is, once (if) you can pull this off, then there's the fas and mechs that will want in on the party. Then you have a real airline! Oh, can't forget about the customer service agents (?)

chperplt said:
I think it can be done, but it's going to be tough to get it rolling without the old man finding out. He always said he would rather sell the company before allowing a union in the house. I don't think he can do that with all he's got put into it.
There is no way they are going to sell the company over a union. Way too many friends and relatives with average skill sets feeding out of the same lucrative trough.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back