• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

colgan comment jar

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How about you put a space after the comas on your oh-so-impressive list of aircraft flown and I'll ignore the fact that you're using all caps, double-returns, sentence fragments, multiple exclamation points, and PINK FONT (or a light red) on your post. Deal?

Shy

How about you stop being a tool for a few minutes. Deal?

Looks the the Commutair guys tried to get union representation..... did not happen. Now they just lost two days off and increase health premiums... without a word or say.... There is no democracy in managment...

Union or no union (and we DEFINATELY NEED A UNION) don't you think this is something that should have been attended to a long time ago? I am QUITE confident that there is a mechanism that could be developed to catch this, or a different way to go about it which would negate the problem.

This happened to me once. Show up at hotel 0 dark 30. No reservation, and suprise, no rooms. I mean, it's a busy summer weekend at a popular vacation destination, why on earth wouldn't there be rooms? Crew scheduling has to scramble to get me a nasty room on the other side of town. Whole scenereo was completely unnecessary and totally irritating. Especially after a LONG day.

To fix the hotel problem they are looking at hiring someone part time whose job it is to go through schedules when new lines are put in and make all travel and hotel arrangements before the beginning of the month so this type of thing doesnt happen.

You didnt think to call ahead of time to say "Hey, what hotel am I staying in? " before 12:30 at night, your lucky there was even someone there.

Oh, and they really arent moving scheduling to pinnacle, that would mean moving dispatch as well and then you might as well shut down manassas. I dont see it happening.

Oh, and they really arent moving scheduling to pinnacle, that would mean moving dispatch as well and then you might as well shut down manassas. I dont see it happening.

Ever hear of economy of scale? Does it make sense to have two people doing the same job?

Oh, and you know that nice shiny new hangar they have? The Department of Justice is VERY interested in renting it out for their operations.

Last edited:
You didnt think to call ahead of time to say "Hey, what hotel am I staying in? " before 12:30 at night, your lucky there was even someone there.

First - There should be no reason to call ahead, there is NO excuse for the lack of effort on Colgan's side. Book a god d*mn hotel room. 45 second phone call.

Second - if you think Pinnacle is not going to keep their fingers out of the pie, I bet you think the WWF is real. The days of Manassas are short numbered, you watch. As much as I don't want that, Pinnacle OWNS US, and can do as they please. From a business stand, they would be foolish not to trim fat.

ALPA.

Quote from "better up here"
First - There should be no reason to call ahead, there is NO excuse for the lack of effort on Colgan's side. Book a god d*mn hotel room. 45 second phone call

I totally agree

It's not our job, to remind them to do their job. Most of the folks we're talking about have been there long enough to know...

They are outsourcing their "hotel mgt stuff" and it should be up and running by June 1st. That's official. No idea who we call if we have a problem, or exactly how it will work, but another company is going to organize and manage all of that for Colgan.

They are outsourcing their "hotel mgt stuff" and it should be up and running by June 1st. That's official. No idea who we call if we have a problem, or exactly how it will work, but another company is going to organize and manage all of that for Colgan.

so....

we're now gonna have to call PoonJab in Bangalore if we have a prob?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back