Colgan as a company

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

gooseman13

I may be joining Colgan as a dispatcher and I'm wondering what you current employees think of Colgan as a company. I know basic stuff like what kinds of planes they fly, but if anyone has anything in particular to share about the company, the people, or the general experience I'd be interested in hearing, both positive and negative.

Thanks!

gooseman13 said:
I may be joining Colgan as a dispatcher and I'm wondering what you current employees think of Colgan as a company. I know basic stuff like what kinds of planes they fly, but if anyone has anything in particular to share about the company, the people, or the general experience I'd be interested in hearing, both positive and negative.

Thanks!

Look at the thread "do the colgan" above and you shall find. FUN FUN!

Yeah . . . . . . I'm going to have to go ahead and ask you . . . . . to . . . . . go ahead and come in on . . . . . Saturday. Yeaaaaaaaahhhh.

Oh, and I am going to need you on Sunday too . . . . . yeaaaaaaah . . .. we're kind of behind. Lost a lot of people. Mmmmk?

That'd be great.

Yeeeaahhh.... This isn't a half-day or anything so ahhhh.... yeeeahhh.

Yes, I'm following the Do The Colgan thread religiously. In fact, I may even have one of my own to add, and I don't even work there yet. The guys talking about coming in to work extra, is this actually true from experience or that you've heard? Thanks!

gooseman13 said:
Yes, I'm following the Do The Colgan thread religiously. In fact, I may even have one of my own to add, and I don't even work there yet. The guys talking about coming in to work extra, is this actually true from experience or that you've heard? Thanks!

Do yourself a favor and don't make any career/job decisions based on what a bunch of yahoo's (for all you know) tell you on a web board. Talk to people there now, ask intelligent questions, compare your options and make a decision.

Colgan is not much different than most regionals...Some good things about the company and some bad things. I get frustrated from time-to-time, but overall I enjoy it here. Great pilot group, and the mechanics do the best with the time and resources that they have to keep the airplanes running.

Regards,

ex-Navy Rotorhead

You see Gooseman13, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care.

It's a problem of motivation, all right. Now if I work my ass off, I don't see another dime, so where's the motivation?

And here's another thing, I have eight different bosses right now. So that means when I make a mistake, I have eight different people coming by to tell me about it.

That's my only real motivation is not to be hassled, that, and the fear of losing my job. But you know, Gooseman, that will only make someone work just hard enough not to get fired.

Latest resources

Back