• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Colgan ALPA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I want to thank Mark Segaloff for the horrible job he did iin securing proper people to represent the pilots of COlgan at the 3407 public hearing. He totally lost control and allowed members from other airlines to run the show. These were people that have apsolutely no stake in this company and dont care if we loose our jobs. They tried to air all of our dirty laundry putting us closer to going out of business. I hope this goes to show their lack of leadership. Hopefully everyone will see this when voting in our new leadership.

I respect your brashness, but have you ever considered running for MEC chair yourself?

. These were people that have apsolutely no stake in this company and dont care if we loose our jobs..

Don't worry buddy I will tighten it up for you!!! :erm:

Dr King,

YGTBSM!!! You seriously need to take a broader viewpoint. Did you see your illustrious mgmt throw the pilots under the bus, speculate the cause of the accident, lie about a multitude of things and exhibit the kind of arrogance born of malignant ignorance in front of an NTSB inquiry board??

You're statement is absolutely baseless.

Last edited:
Dr. King,

Perhaps you have inhaled a little too much Hydrazine from your F-16 days.

Capt. Segaloff has done an outstanding job throughout this accident investigation and made the absolute best decision on choosing the team to represent us at the NTSB hearing. They are experienced accident investigators who have been down this road many times. Their expertise is non-existent at Colgan who has been an ALPA carrier for only 6 months and only two months prior to the event.

Next time while flying your lawn dart be sure not to lose your wingman while in loose trail formation.

Alert Heght

Mark is a great guy. He's got alot of intestinal fortitude. Something that should come in handy during this process.

Dr. King,

Those members from other airlines are Professional pilots serving on National Committees. They are experts in their area and volunteer their time to help protect you and do a darn good job of it. If anything was exposed, do you not think the FAA and the NTSB didn't know about it already? These Professionals represent a National Organization that has been promoting and pursuing safety in our industry since the 1930's. Their safety accomplishments are too numerous to list. Captain Sully was involved with this group when his airline was still in ALPA and he carries on the work today. Their goal will be to get to the root cause of the problem. It is always guaranteed that pilots are where blame is first laid. However, many times there are many other factors. Let the work be done.

If your company has something to hide, the party is over. It has nothing to do with the work of this group. Guaranteeing the safety of the traveling public to the highest degree is the highest priority. If any company is operating in a way that is deficient of that, then they either need to come into compliance or go away.

One of the most honorable acts of integrity is to properly and professionally defend the absent. Whether it is family, a colleague or friend who isn't around at the moment.... or the deceased.

Sorry you feel that way about Mark. I know him personally and he's a great guy. ALPA is still NEW at Colgan. However you had all the support of ALPA behind you and the absolute best we had to offer at those hearings. However a lot of positives have indeed come out of the hearings. Did you not listen to the ALPA rep I had the pleasures of listening to? Especially when it came to duty times? He gave an awesome 1-2 punch. Thus perhaps you need to look at yourself in the mirror and just be grateful ALPA was on your side. I cannot imagine going into these hearings without them.

Also how the hell are you going to lose your jobs? Bro you need to calm the heck down. Before you make some off the wall comment you cannot back up.

They all did such a great job. They really got a handle on the accident when they started asking questions about why we made a CFM that you need two hands to use and not one. Thats it---they solved the whole damn thing. Nobody has an interest in this except Colgan pilots. I welcomed and was greatful to have ALPA but it should have been run by Colgan ALPA. That is where it went wrong.

They all did such a great job. They really got a handle on the accident when they started asking questions about why we made a CFM that you need two hands to use and not one. Thats it---they solved the whole damn thing. Nobody has an interest in this except Colgan pilots. I welcomed and was greatful to have ALPA but it should have been run by Colgan ALPA. That is where it went wrong.

That is were you are wrong! We all have a interest in this, and Colgan pilots should have the biggest guns in the fight! Not to knock on Colgan Alpa, but these boys are new at this game. Let ALPA national take the front seat, this is our chance to ram it down their throat!

Latest resources

Back