• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Colgan ALPA... Get the cards in NOW!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A Lifer like you just needs to get out of your Colgan-based town that you were born and raised in and travel outside the county line to talk to people at other airlines. This might be the eye opening event that you need! Everyone in the industry knows that Colgan pilots are easily one of the worst treated pilot groups out there and its lifers like you living in Presque Isle Maine that need to step out of the forest and see that you are treated horribly! Is it true when you try to call in sick, they try to talk you out of it? I see safety is #1 over there in the eyes of management!

LOL, don't know who you think I am but I'm no lifer and don't live in any Colgan city. Never have. Permanent 3-year commuter here. I'd appreciate people who aren't even Colgan to keep out of it. Thanks.

As a side note...just called sick last week and the entire conversation was 30 seconds. Nothing more than thanks for letting us know. It was also after having been off for 6 days and the start of 5 on. If they were ever going to be suspicious and difficult, that would have been the time.

YMICFI, if you're not interested in the union, wouldn't the more effective way to voice your opinion be to just not send the card in?

Rez, that one is weak. If thats the best APLA can offer is to beat the class warfare drum in that fashion, maybe I'm better off without ALPA.

Card Carrying APLA Member.

Sorry I was just at another thread where ALPA members were complaining about the excessive managment salaries after the employees made drastic pay cuts in pay and healthcare...

Carry on...

LOL, don't know who you think I am but I'm no lifer and don't live in any Colgan city. Never have. Permanent 3-year commuter here. I'd appreciate people who aren't even Colgan to keep out of it. Thanks.

As a side note...just called sick last week and the entire conversation was 30 seconds. Nothing more than thanks for letting us know. It was also after having been off for 6 days and the start of 5 on. If they were ever going to be suspicious and difficult, that would have been the time.

I am sure crewscrew had a new hire on reserve and it must have put you under guarentee for the month, and I'm sure before the union drive it would have been a 30 sec convo too, more like no your not calling in sick and gina would hang up on you. also this time no doctor's note? TB out on a "early lunch on a friday"

We have received disturbing reports that some of our pilots have been threatened by ALPA
supporters with being put on a "black list" if they refuse to sign a card or support ALPA.

What???????????? this is on the Colgan employee website!

Moreover, the most prosperous carriers in the industry –
including American, Southwest, Air Tran, Jet Blue, Republic, and UPS – are not
represented by ALPA.

You're right, they may not be ALPA but they do have their own in-house unions! For all you new hires that are against voting the union in. lets ask a question... do the above airlines have some sort of union representation?
Nice try Mikey and TB! hopefully, some of the these new hires will take the 2 minutes it takes to get on-line and research these specific airlines and see that they do have union representation! No captain raises in 6 years? ever heard of the rising cost of inflation? Hopefully, your new ires are a little bit smarter than to just believe what you are telling them in your emails and employee website!

Last edited:
It' obvious the way you have things set up now is not working! No raises in 6 years! how can that be???????????????? Quit union busting and brainwashing these uneducated newbies!

Last edited:
Moreover, the most prosperous carriers in the industry –
including American, Southwest, Air Tran, Jet Blue, Republic, and UPS – are not
represented by ALPA.

Don't forget FedEx. They have the best contract worldwide and they are represented by ALPA.

In addition, the APA, SWAPA, NPA and UPS all buy contract negotiations data from ALPA.

Latest resources

Back