Colgan Air

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

newfo

Looking at regionals and i've read a lot of what's been posted about Colgan, but i'm curious about the people. How are they to work with? how is the office personnel- do they tend to work for the pilots or against them? any i should watch out for, or any that i should get in good with? i would think that being such a small company it's much more personal...

how are the flight attendants;-)

I heard they may charge something like 18K too. hahahaha. You'll find a lot of nice people at colgan. The pilots are all pretty good, and so are the people in manassas. Just remember the 5% rule. At any place 5% of the people will be &ssholes. And colgan is no exception. No union here, seniority means very little here. They will offer bases to people that are junior to others that want them, same goes for captain upgrade. if you keep your head low, and do whatever they tell you....you will get along with management fine. You want to make sure you are very nice and polite to crew scheduling, and the lady that makes the schedules each month. You are a PFTer, and pretty much all the pilots here know it, the way to fit in is just be nice to everyone, and don't act like you know everything. i am not saying all PFTers act like they do, but this is what the other pilots will be looking out for when they meet you. Possibly as much of a third of our pilots bought there job at gulfstream, and then got on with colgan....so if you are a PFTer trying to fit in....colgan will probably be easier to accomplish this than other airlines.

colgan air

i was talking to a pilot from colgan in PIT who said that the best idea for the PFTers would be to just keep their mouths shut. apparently on IOE, one of the new guys made some off the cuff remark about how he could take it or leave it, and the pilot told him that was not something he would want to repeat to the guys who've put in their time there. do they seem to be getting a lot of resentment? by the way, is it true colgan is picking up new routes? i've heard rumors... if the company is growing, maybe it would be a good idea to persue a job there...
which base has the hottest women?

I'll tell you who to stay away from there:

1.) Anyone with the last, or maiden, name Colgan, with the exception of Mikee. If he didn't look so much like his father and grandfather, I'd swear to you he's adopted.

2.) The chief pilot and his assistant. I don't know how she gets through security with that knife she'll inevitably stab you in the back with, but she does.

3.) The head of scheduling -- he's the Webster's definition of jackass personified.

As for the pilot group, they (I was there pre-PFT) are some of the most capable, professional, nice people you could ever hope to work with.

Hey chperplt, when are you guys gonna send unionization ballots out? PM me.
:cool:

I'll bet that memo came hot off the Asst. CP's pen....sounds like one of her statements. What was I just saying about that knife of hers? Looks like she's sharpening up and getting ready for some action!!!

Memo?

I guess I missed that memo also.

However, I won't argue that they have an unlimited amount of people willing to take your spot, PFT or not. There has been some talk in the past from the CP and asst CP to keep your nose clean and don't be stupid. Like excessive call outs and such. As far as deliberately busting you on a check ride, probably not. And if they do then you had other issues besides your flying ability.

It's not the greatest place to work but there are worse places.

Where is Colgan going?

I happened to get to see the presentation that Ashby gave at ALG HQ last week ( the one that spelled doom and gloom for ALG and PDT). It basically outlined where and what flying was to be done at each carrier WO and contractor. Like ALG and PDT Colgan wasn't mentioned in the plans for U anywhere either.

are you saying that they don't leave it to your discretion to decide when you want to use YOUR bereavement pay?

Colgan

Things are pretty good here right now, I even turned a job down recently to stay here, with all the rumors running rampant at this company one of them has to have some credability, in which case things could be on the upswing. just my two cents but Id work here if I had to do it over.
Mung.:D

Latest resources

Back