• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Colgan Air, then what?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As said earlier there are lots af regionals, why are you picking the two worst ones in the country.

Weather the Colgon guys want to admit it or not there fate is tied two ours and right now thats about like wearing lead filled blood soaked underwear to shark week.
Pinnacle is losing money like a sailer in bar. If management doesn't start managing, both Pinnacle and Colgon are all done. I give it a year and a half max at this point. I follow the SEC filing closely and both the Colgon and Delta flying are sinking the ship right now. The only money maker is the NWA flying and they are mismanaging that badly enough it is only a matter of time before the penalty's exceed the profits there as well.

I'd go with door number three, Get more time! Go somewhere that doesn't suck as much.

I'd go with door number three, Get more time! Go somewhere that doesn't suck as much.

In other words, skip the regionals altogether. Or are you implying that that there is one that doesn't suck?

Give me a break. All of the regionals suck. You will make no money and your QOL might be terrible. Understanding that, you will want to focus on quality of time (Q400 ain't that bad if you don't fly a jet) and potential upgrade time because PIC time is what matters. I say go with Colgan for now (request the Q400) and get some good experience for at least a year. If you want to move on from there you can - I would suggest Republic/CHQ on the E170 if that is an option.

In the meanwhile, ask for the Q400 and go get some good experience for at least one year - YOU CAN DO IT.... Quit being a ninny and just do it - flying a Q400 or a Saab around the NY area will be good experience regardless. Don't overthink it - just do it.

Give me a break. All of the regionals suck. You will make no money and your QOL might be terrible. Understanding that, you will want to focus on quality of time (Q400 ain't that bad if you don't fly a jet) and potential upgrade time because PIC time is what matters. I say go with Colgan for now (request the Q400) and get some good experience for at least a year. If you want to move on from there you can - I would suggest Republic/CHQ on the E170 if that is an option.

In the meanwhile, ask for the Q400 and go get some good experience for at least one year - YOU CAN DO IT.... Quit being a ninny and just do it - flying a Q400 or a Saab around the NY area will be good experience regardless. Don't overthink it - just do it.

do it do it

http://youtube.com/watch?v=JoqDYcCDOTg&feature=related

Latest resources

Back