• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Colgan Air Is Pulling Out of La Guardia

LowlyPropCapt

PBR For Life, and Beyond!
Total Time
8000+
Per S.F., PDT will take over the Colgan cities for the interim... At least MHT and CHO.

Minimaniac

Benevolent Dictator
Total Time
Pulling out is not a very safe method. I recommend that everyone practice Colgan abstinence.

....coming from a former Colgan pilot, I am sure you all can take this for the joke it was meant to be.

DoinTime

Total Time
6000+
Are the Saabs getting retired or moving on to different operations? I know the Colgan contract with USAir was just about up.

Full of LUV

Total Time
Wow...

Are the Saabs getting retired or moving on to different operations? I know the Colgan contract with USAir was just about up.

I've heard of some base instability, but the regionals seem to be changing their bases like a revolving door in the last decade.

What a great job where EVERYONE commutes....

QOL_is_great:)

What the?
Total Time
>6500
I've heard of some base instability, but the regionals seem to be changing their bases like a revolving door in the last decade.

What a great job where EVERYONE commutes....

That will win the hearts and minds of their employees. I am sure it does wonders for QOL and morale too.

AWACoff

Total Time
Hopefully the next new post in regards to Colgan pulling out is "Colgan Air pulling out of aviation".

no1pilot2000

Total Time
The saga continues........

Could this be a glimpse of things to come for the regional airline industry? Stay tuned for more interesting....."what if's".... "maybe".... "could happen".....of the regional airline industry.

firstthird

Total Time
Frankly, since SWA started going to LGA about 6 months ago, I've been amazed at how many smaller planes go in and out of there. seems that if you have one of the largest cities in the world, you'd want to use your slots with big planes that seat more peeps. maybe some of the legacies are deciding that having a 19 seater go into LGA on one of their slots isn't the best use of that asset . then again, maybe it is something completely unrelated.

no1pilot2000

Total Time
Regional service to LGA

Ummmmm.......Do you think Southwest's new service to LGA will eventually drive away regional airline service!?

Another question. Why are there 4 or 5 regional airlines flying for one airline? Piedmont, AWAC, Colgan, PSA are some of these examples flying for US Airways.

CA1900

Big Member
Total Time
11000+
maybe some of the legacies are deciding that having a 19 seater go into LGA on one of their slots isn't the best use of that asset . then again, maybe it is something completely unrelated.

You're assuming the slot belongs to the legacy and not the regional.

firstthird

Total Time
true that. not really sure how it is structured.

a good answer to the frequent delays at the 3 NY area airports would be to charge by the slot instead of by the weight. the legacies that use them as hubs won't go for it though, so NYers are stuck with unreliable air service.

30West

NARF!
Total Time
@8000
Hopefully the next new post in regards to Colgan pulling out is "Colgan Air pulling out of aviation".

Ahh yes, the standard FI answer to everything- put more guys out on the street. Nice plan, Obama.

jellynuts

Total Time
I don't think I've ever heard anything good said about Colon....ever....from gate agents, rampers, other airline crewmembers, passengers, U.S. Senators, NTSB investigators. Why do they keep growing??

Cpt Oveur

I had the fish for dinner
Total Time
time?
I don't think I've ever heard anything good said about Colon....ever....from gate agents, rampers, other airline crewmembers, passengers, U.S. Senators, NTSB investigators. Why do they keep growing??

For starters the people who decide the RFPs at these companies don't hear what you do.....

WSurf

The Smack Down!
Total Time
Another question. Why are there 4 or 5 regional airlines flying for one airline? Piedmont, AWAC, Colgan, PSA are some of these examples flying for US Airways.

Same Reason Delta has ASA, Comair, Skywest, Mesaba, Compass,Pinnicle, Mesa, Shuttle America.
Same Reason Continental has Commutair, Conex, Colgan, Gulfstream.
Same Reason United has Mesa, GoJets, Skywest, Colgan, Chit-taco, TSA

etc. etc. etc.