Coke hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
johnny taliban said:
I seem to remember reading something similar about BellSouth. Oh well, just trying to get back to the ATL.

Johnny
No, he was hired at Big Coke (not CCE or Bell South). The Aviation Director from BellSouth just left there to take the same job for Auther Blank (owner of the Atlanta Falcons).

"This includes operating the aircraft during critical in-flight emergencies,
and in severe weather conditions day or night."

I wonder who wrote this part.

Anyway...whadoo they pay?

I always wanted to fly fighters but the other night, the wife and I were watching a special on the Blue Angels and we turned to each other simultaneously and said: "I don't think I'd get along with those guys very well."

It's one thing to be a good pilot and have your stuff together but the rod up the a$$ has got to hurt... ;) TC

"Pilot Capability: Ability to fly a multi-engine jet aircraft in the
most demanding domestic and international operating environments.This includes operating the aircraft during critical in-flight emergencies, and in severe weather conditions day or night.

Yikes. No thanks

AA717driver said:
I always wanted to fly fighters but the other night, the wife and I were watching a special on the Blue Angels and we turned to each other simultaneously and said: "I don't think I'd get along with those guys very well."

It's one thing to be a good pilot and have your stuff together but the rod up the a$$ has got to hurt... ;) TC

It's no secret that I don't like the corporate culture there. I've had three well qualified friends go there since the 90's, one as chief pilot, two as line captains. Two were fired, one left voluntarily. Another CP who was an acquaintance, while a nice guy, had questionable hiring priorities. He was dismissed last year for reasons not related to his hiring practices. All have found meaningful subsequent employment.

They have done things that I think are just wrong. One of their low time hires was simply grounded after several bad landings. If you hire someone knowing their limitations, it is incumbent upon you to train them to your standards not ground them when they don't fly like an old hand.

Another of their recent hires recently pressed her card into my hand asking me let her know if I knew of anyone looking for a Gulfstream FO, sort of signaling to me that things at Coke still weren't all that rosey.

I don't think Donnie is going to help the situation there. He's not highly regarded among my friends who are Navy fighter types. Here's some background.

[font=Arial,Helvetica]Out of the Blue[/font]

Donnie Cochran is the first black man to fly with the Navy's Blue Angels flying team. Until May, when he resigned from the team, he was also the commander of the unit. There was apparently no pressure on him to step down, and he resigned with considerable dignity, citing concern about his own flying mistakes and the threat they could pose to safety. During a recent show at Virginia Beach, the team had to scuttle a maneuver because Mr. Cochran made an error. A spokesman for the Blue Angels explained that the commander made "what aviators refer to as head mistakes." The real question, which remains unasked, is why Mr. Cochran was put into this position. (Basil Talbott, Jolt for Blue Angels, Chicago Sun-Times, May 29, 1996.)

GV

Last edited by a moderator:
if your want to get back to atl try Turner flight dept. i hear those guys are treated great, paid good and work in a relaxed, laid back environment. only # if have for them is 4043862643. not sure who it is.....i think its one of the pilots. also heard their getting a falcon 50 ( in addition) and adding 1-2 pilots when they take delivery.

mxflyer said:
if your want to get back to atl try Turner flight dept. i hear those guys are treated great, paid good and work in a relaxed, laid back environment. only # if have for them is 4043862643. not sure who it is.....i think its one of the pilots. also heard their getting a falcon 50 ( in addition) and adding 1-2 pilots when they take delivery.
Last I heard, early this year Turner was sealing a deal with a fractional. That was from a very good source.

no way! turner bought a fractional for an x wife and after it crashed like most of them do them they opted out. turner still has a cl604...a global 5000 on the way and a da50 to be bought for the president of turner enterprises. A king air 350 for his kids and a helicopter for the ranches out west. tell your "good source" he has bad info. There are always spreculations and rumors about all flight dept and i quess until it happens you never no whats going on. ive done some contract work for them and still do and i know there will be no frac in the future their....only more owned ac. call 404and ask them.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back