Coincidence?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FL000 said:
Tires are good to 182kts. As far as length, we'll take all we can get, but 5000-6000 would do in a pinch.
Yes that is unusual. Early in the days of the CRJ there were alot of Flap Fail msg and resulted in lots of no flap or reduced flap landings. With the some mods on the flaps and reduced flap extention speeds that seem to reduce the number of failures. I'm guessing that three today with the number of aircraft out there and number of landings per day that isn't much in the scheme of things.

While the longer the runway the better I found that the CRJ performed well with reduced flaps. In 1994 we had a Flap Fail msg at 8 degrees (before the days of 8 degree flaps) to KATW. We landed on the 7001' runway and used abit less than 3500' with a ref speed of about 173 KIAS. It suprised us both that it was as easy as we experienced. It must have been the excellent training.

Does that kinda stuff get the pucker factor up or is it just another thing that you've done in training?

-mini

GravityHater said:
Do they make a cabin announcement?...
You mean something like:

"Ladies and gentlemen, I have good news and bad news. The bad news is that I've only got 500 hours in this thing and it's gonna be a different landing to say the least. The good news is I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to Geiko. Again, we'd like to thank you for flying with us today...we know you have a choice in your airline...looks like you made the wrong one. Flight attendants prepare the cabin for landing...again."

?

-mini

Oh man, thats too funny.

minitour said:
You mean something like:

"Ladies and gentlemen, I have good news and bad news. The bad news is that I've only got 500 hours in this thing and it's gonna be a different landing to say the least. The good news is I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to Geiko. Again, we'd like to thank you for flying with us today...we know you have a choice in your airline...looks like you made the wrong one. Flight attendants prepare the cabin for landing...again."

?

-mini

Latest resources

Back