Cog screen testing

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

cws

Just wanted to here the many opinions out there on the cog screen test that airlines give. I for one don't like it. I failed it at an interview and took it again and passed it. What shocked me was that the person (Dr.) that made the test has no aviation background.

I have only taken one. I took it at PDT and must of passed it cause they hired me. I didn't think it was all that bad. It's better than taken some stupid personality test or some other tests that ask questions that have nothing to do with anything to do with flying. Not that the Cog test does either. I think they use it to see how you react under pressure and how much you can remember while doing it. I have taken test for a corporate job that asked qusetions like who is martin luther king or who was catherine the great. You tell me what that has to do with flying at all. Not at all. You talk about stupid tests.

I've taken 2 cog tests..one for Eagle, one for Comair. They test accuracy under pressure, multi tasking, visualization, short term memory, visual coordination, etc....all of which are desirable in a pilot candidate. It's all silly if you ask me, though. A cockpit is a whole different environment. Someone who does well on the Cog, might suck in the air and visa versa. Just my humble opinion.

Seems like they test how much practice I've had playing Sega (8 bit old school) or Atari...

Latest resources

Back