Coex at JetBlue

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Mr Hat

How about it Ex-ExpressJetters....You probably remember it as Continental Express. I know a lot of Express guys went over to JetBlue early on. Maybe I do have some friends over there. Yes, I stole this idea from the Comair guy but it was a good idea!
PM me. I was hired on 10/98, Be1900 FO for 6 months in CLE and ERJ FO thereafter in EWR Until I upgraded to CA in 01.

Last edited:
believe it or not, i haveheard that in the not too distant past, about 6-8 guys from here at express interviewed and were hired at jetblue and turned it down!!!one guy is with the union and i spoke to him personally. he thought things would end up being better here!!

Hello all. This post caught my attention and I had to reply. I am a former COEX pilot as of 3 weeks ago. I am presently in training with jetBlue and am happy to see your interest. I was at Express for 7 years and during that time I was hoping for a call from jetBlue for over 2 years. Lucky for me I was hired and am in class as of a week ago. I have to tell you, I was and am blown away by the company. And believe me my class mates feel the same way. Quite a few times we would look at each other during the presentations and training and just say "Is this for real?" and it is. Express is a great place, but if you have interest in the company (jetBlue) I would have to say go for it!! We were told by pilot recruiting that there are 8000 competitive/total applications on file. But don't let this stop you. They hire from a cross section of pilots. Meaning some regional, major, military etc. There are a total of @ 750 pilots now and @ 50 aircraft (Airbus 320s) and 153 firm A320 (50 already) and 100 E-190s. Good luck and if you are interested research the company and don't waste the time of the recruiters if you are not interested. Good luck and if you have more questions post again. I will look on occassion, but am very busy with the studying.

Cpt. Over
Former COEX ERJ CLE
;)

Cpt. Over said:
Hello all. This post caught my attention and I had to reply. I am a former COEX pilot as of 3 weeks ago. I am presently in training with jetBlue and am happy to see your interest. I was at Express for 7 years and during that time I was hoping for a call from jetBlue for over 2 years. Lucky for me I was hired and am in class as of a week ago. I have to tell you, I was and am blown away by the company. And believe me my class mates feel the same way. Quite a few times we would look at each other during the presentations and training and just say "Is this for real?" and it is. Express is a great place, but if you have interest in the company (jetBlue) I would have to say go for it!! We were told by pilot recruiting that there are 8000 competitive/total applications on file. But don't let this stop you. They hire from a cross section of pilots. Meaning some regional, major, military etc. There are a total of @ 750 pilots now and @ 50 aircraft (Airbus 320s) and 153 firm A320 (50 already) and 100 E-190s. Good luck and if you are interested research the company and don't waste the time of the recruiters if you are not interested. Good luck and if you have more questions post again. I will look on occassion, but am very busy with the studying.

Cpt. Over
Former COEX ERJ CLE
;)

Congratulations! One more number for me...and one awesome number for you! Rock on....I hope to one day get picked up by JB.

Sam

Capt. Over

Hey Sailor-

Get that tennis ball machine fixed yet?
;)

Anyone would be a fool to stay at Express rather than go to JB. Like was said eariler, if you don't want the job, don't apply.

I want the job.:D

Cpt over what are your quals. Sounds like it's pretty competitive there.

Have fun! (that is one of the 5 core value's is it not?)

Latest resources

Back