Cock Pit Voice Recorders

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

LewisU_Pilot

Anyone know of a web site other than AirDisaster.com that has actual CVR Audio files and/or ATC Tapes of aircraft accidents?

Not exactly sure of the legalities...

It's pretty rare you'll come across the actual audio of a CVR tape. I think there are privacy laws that protect cockpit crew.

But the UAL Sioux City accident is out there.

But you can just Google CVR transcripts and find several sites.

No offense, but there is very little that you can learn from CVR that you cannot learn from a transcript. And I assume that your goal is to educate yourself. I certainly hope it's not some morbid interest.

Fatal accident CVR is VERY hard to listen to.

Listened to one in systems class about the GPWS. It was cargo 747 that was on an approach and was cleared to an incorrect altitude. There was some discussion but then they go. GPWS gives several hard warnings, more silence then the same word that seems to be in all of them, "Sh1t!" Not a good feeling listening to guys who you know are taking their last breaths.

I listened to the tape of the Western Airlines Mexico City crash once. That was hard. The last several seconds was just the crew screaming as the airplane broke up. That one really did a number on me.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back