Coast Guard

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

psysicx

I know that the CG doesn't give out pilot slots untill OCS.How hard is it to be awarded at slot and how competitive is it to get in.Also what is life like after you get your wings.How often will you fly and can you go back and be an IP?

hey psysicx, is there any job you AREN'T interested in?

You sure ask alot of questions.

One of the nice things about this board is that everyone shares information as well as asks for help. Maybe you should start sharing and helping others in return?

Wow dude, that is harsh...

I have heard (being Navy) that the CG is the way to go for Helo pilots. Good quality of life, and good missions (should be, they steal all our rescues!).

As I already said if I have a question I will ask.I try to contribute to as many threads as I can but I don't know as much.

Ask as many questions as you want. Thats how you learn.

As far as i know, getting a pilot slot in the CG is hard becasue there arent that many slots available. Dont know much more then that.

There is no reason to be breaking balls about asking questions. That's just ignorant.

I think he should be applauded for researching every possibly avenue.

As far as the Coast Guard gig I know the vast majority of their airframes are helos and as has been stated there aren't that many slots.

I know Qmaster3 is shooting for a CG slot right now, he’ll probably chime in here shortly…

I know that the CG has slots.The hard part is getting one threw OCS because you don't find out untill the end.It seems that most want to fly.

Here's what I am hearing.

Pilot slots are far and few between in the CG right now. You don't find out until the final weeks of OCS, but if you have PVT, INST, etc you should be in. I do believe you can apply for aviation after commission. Don't quote me on that.

My recommendation. As mudcow(BTW the selections are within the districts, sorry mudcow) I will tell you they are strict on age. If you're applying from within it is MUCH easier and you only need 32 semester hrs to apply. Any outsiders need a BA, and probably be under 26. If you don't meet the requirements just go reserve. The active CG is cake (I work a whopping 8 days a month), can you imagine how easy the reserves will be? He!! When I am at work I am bored most of the time thank god for flightinfo. For me just being an officer is all I want, and that will come. Even as enlisted E-5 you make good cash. Don't believe those internet base pay charts. The CG is expanding, while everyone else seems to be downsizing.

http://www.gocoastguard.com/officerindex.html

Not that I would do it, but have you thought about flying Army?

What do you do in the CG.And when did slots go away.I know a few months ago they didn't have enough.Also how did you only work 8 hrs?

mudkow60 said:
Wow dude, that is harsh...

I have heard (being Navy) that the CG is the way to go for Helo pilots. Good quality of life, and good missions (should be, they steal all our rescues!).

You guys give us plenty of SAR business ;o)

Latest resources

Back