Coast Guard

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Lynxman

So I read that right now the CG is under the Department of Homeland Security with that being said does one still have to go through MEPS to be accepted into the CG? I was DQ'd from Army and I still have a passion to serve.

So I read that right now the CG is under the Department of Homeland Security with that being said does one still have to go through MEPS to be accepted into the CG? I was DQ'd from Army and I still have a passion to serve.

Short answer is yes; however, there are some variances between the services as to what is waiverable and what is not.

Man it seems like I can never win.

Apply, the worst that can happen is they say no. Sadly, a lot of people that would serve their country honorably are just not genetically lucky enough to get through the medical beaurocracy.

I have a darn plate in my arm that apparantly makes me a liability and while I can see their point.... I know my limits and I know I'm in good shape.

Waivers are pretty common, but will require some leg work. I had a hardware store in my leg when I applied. Basically had to have the ortho surgeon submit my entire record.

I have a darn plate in my arm that apparantly makes me a liability and while I can see their point.... I know my limits and I know I'm in good shape.
I would apply and ask for a waiver as long as you are at least 6 feet tall and in reasonable shape

My Army DQ is permanent apparantly. Whenever anyone goes to spiff my records it will come up. So I'll have to see if the CG has a way around this.

Latest resources

Back