Coast Guard Pilot Demand?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hercster,

The crap was directed at Smells and anyone who looks to the military as a free ride to the airlines.

Nothing but love for you, my friend!

coolyoke,

Now that I understand your situation a bit, the only thing I can say is that I do know that waivers are sometimes granted but I don't know what basis they use to grant them.

Nosa...

Do you know DT? He was a 65 guy who was leaving when I was getting to San Francisco. Great guy... your last line sounds a lot like his Southern drawl...

Mud,

Maybe, it's been a while since I flew the plastic fantastic (no more jokes after we work the bugs out of the TM charlie version). There's a DT in SEA with me now, last port of call I believe was Sitka in J's.

The only southern I have is CA and AK (well, SE AK), and my continued use of "ya'll" after tours in E City and P Cola. That's where the 65 will always have it in spades over the 60...location, location, location.

Take care, fly safe.

NSTF,
Glad to hear all is well in SEA. Will conclude my last military pack-up tomorrow. After weeks of beautiful WX it rained all day @ ADQ.
Max

sardaddy said:
coolyoke,

The Coast Guard does not have aviation positions for reservists

I know two aviators who, after being passed over, joined the reserves.
They were not allowed to maintain flight status though. Their jobs
were Ops Cen positions during drill periods.

Max,

I was going to jump back to the rock this weekend until I looked at the TAF...we're back to a normal summer again.

XShip,

Many of the groups, er, sectors, have a duty officer position which dovetails nicely into a reserve slot. It's always nice to have another body to fill a watch that can take a pilot off the flight schedule.

Take care, fly safe.

Latest resources

Back