• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Coast Guard is looking for fixed wing drivers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sardaddy: My bad. Just wanted to put a little perspective on the rank thing. Some would argue too that W3 to O1 is a demotion, I understand.

Anyway, the program is what you make of it. Most of the guys I knew who came over loved it. Some were miserable. A lot of that had to do with their attitude and their perception of the rank "bust".

Thanks for keeping me straight.

FJ

ck,

Please don't tell me you went to the dark side. Those J's don't even sound like a real airplane, it's embarrassing.

good luck!

CK130 - any info on the Blue 21 program? I feel i might qualify for that - are they filling into only fixed wings?

ck130 just to clarify for those not in the know, and not wanting to deter any hopefuls, there is always a message for each DCA board but you can start your application with your local recruiter at any time. We still want and need rotary wing pilots. A lot of them in fact. However, the Coast Guard is now more receptive to fixed wing bubbas as we need some of you guys too. For what I don't know.

Falconjet, you are right Going from CW3 to O-1 was actually a pay cut but the demotion was in status only. However, that has been made up in spades on both counts.

Another clarification for some. The Coast Guard does not offer an Interservice transfer. You must show proof that you are released or already out of your prior service. That is why you must come in no higher than an O-2. Do I agree with it, not necessarily but dems the rules. I can almost guarantee you won't regret the switch.

CGFLYER,

Nah..I'm still an H guy. But from what I hear its OK to be J.

Coming from a guy who flew MC and AC 130s - the J model is a great plane.

Now, where are your J bases? There are NOT many J model sqs out there....Marylandis being BRACd so you might get some interest there....but other than that...

Try this link. http://www.uscg.mil/datasheet/index.shtm About halfway down it says "Aircraft". click on the aircraft you want and it will show where they are located.

As far as the C130J goes, they are currently only in Elizabeth City NC. We don't have too many and they are not fully SAR capable yet. The rumor mill is saying there will be some stationed in California but I can't recall the specifcs on fielding times etc.

"The Coast Guard needs to grow some fixed wing drivers in a hurry, so they are looking for guys in the other services to come on over. Sorry all you helo bubbas but this time around it is a fixed wing only thing."

ck130 where is the message that says that? I haven't seen in and would love to pass it on.
We're thinking of starting a military pay for training program, you have first dibs...please send check for 90K to...

"We're thinking of starting a military pay for training program, you have first dibs...please send check for 90K to..."

I'm guessing you were making a joke of some kind but the humor and meaning was certainly lost on me.

Latest resources

Back