Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BushwickBill

Registered Abuser
I'm thinking about joining the Coast Guard Aux for the winter. Instructing has been slow and you get to fly "missions" in civilian aircraft. I guess the Aux pays for gas. So there you go free flight time and no pay. Sweet.

I am however worried about how much volunteer time I have to put in before getting to fly a "mission". I'm also worried about having to spend time with people who dress up in uniforms and parade around for no pay. I'm not sure if I could handle the parading around part. The dork alarm seriously went off during a phone interview.

Is this something I'm going to seriously regret?

Bill, Drop me an e-mail. Most of the Aux Pilots I have seen have been retirees. The Aux can be a good deal. I have seen them ferry passengers, parts and perform searches for us and they do help out. I don't think it is something you will regret. V/R

I was talking to a pilot who uses his own plane for the CG Aux, and he tells me they pay him a certain amount per hour to do missions. I can't confirm this being true, besides the guy is a little of the wall, IMHO!!!!:confused:

Latest resources

Back