• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.
  • Logbook Pro for Apple iOS version 8.1 is now available on the App Store. Major update including signature endorsements and dark/light theme support. Click here to install now.

Coast Guard AUX?

BushwickBill

Registered Abuser
Total Time
more
I'm thinking about joining the Coast Guard Aux for the winter. Instructing has been slow and you get to fly "missions" in civilian aircraft. I guess the Aux pays for gas. So there you go free flight time and no pay. Sweet.

I am however worried about how much volunteer time I have to put in before getting to fly a "mission". I'm also worried about having to spend time with people who dress up in uniforms and parade around for no pay. I'm not sure if I could handle the parading around part. The dork alarm seriously went off during a phone interview.

Is this something I'm going to seriously regret?

CGPILOT

Total Time
Bill, Drop me an e-mail. Most of the Aux Pilots I have seen have been retirees. The Aux can be a good deal. I have seen them ferry passengers, parts and perform searches for us and they do help out. I don't think it is something you will regret. V/R

IronManNDFW

Condo Jet Captain
Total Time
7000+
The Aux of the Air Force called Civil Air Patrol does the same missions. This could be another option.

say again

I love her ARSE!!!!
Total Time
I was talking to a pilot who uses his own plane for the CG Aux, and he tells me they pay him a certain amount per hour to do missions. I can't confirm this being true, besides the guy is a little of the wall, IMHO!!!!:confused: