COA Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Any updates so far? Details people!

OK, I interviewed on Thursday. I got an email today saying thanks but no thanks. The start date for this class is Jan 10th- not a lot of time to get your stuff in order before you start working.

The interview was pretty simple, a short test and some HR questions. Then I met with the manager, training manager and some other guy. They asked a couple of questions for a few minutes. The entire interview was just over an hour. Then I was shown the floor and got to sit with a dispatcher for about another hour.

Now here comes the interesting part... Morale in the office is VERY, VERY low. I didn't speak to one person who is excited or looking forward about the move to ORD. There is going to be alot of attrition because of the planned move. CO's IT situation is almost a joke. They are still using flight planning systems from Eastern Airlines. The plan I was told is to go with United's planning software.

Having said that, everyone that I met was great.

Props:

I interviewed with CO on Wednesday and I received the email last night from CR saying thanks but no thanks.

I agreed with the low morale. I was told by one of the chiefs there and they're expected half to walk out come '12 and the move to ORD. We'll see...

Geez I wonder what kind of people they are looking for. I know of another 2 guys who interviewed last week and got the thanks but no thanks letter today and they are both really sharp guys.

I guess you just never know. Better luck next time to you guys.

Also, I cant really blame the guys for the low morale. These guys are being forced to displace from a low tax, low stress, low cost of living, high economic and decent QOL city to everything that is opposite of Houston with Chicago.

-

Last edited:
Hired 3 load planners 15 plus years and 5 regional guys, 3 express (one is a family member in the SOCC), maybe there was one Skywest and Pinnacle.

Moral is low but the comment by the chief that half of disp will bail is way over the top.

Have to keep in mind United north has to move from Elk Grove to downtown as well. There is no shortage of moaning up there, their commute could easily double.

Chicago issue aside, I am actually looking forward to people bailing, so i can move faster to the top. If things are positive, can easily hire more in double digits to the bottom as seniors bail when this thing shakes, and that's is a good thing.

$3900 gross/month + Chicago = fail! I think I will stay here for awhile. The majors in the US don't seem hungry enough yet. There are only so many experienced, active dispatchers out there willing to pull up stakes and relocate. Combine that with the ones leaving the regionals for greener pastures and I see better times ahead.

Yeah one from SkyWest... He is a good guy, but the eyebrow ring... Well its interesting.. And dont try to feed him any pork products! Its like feeding gremlins after midnight

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back