COA Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

onewithwings

Continental has received approval to hire 8 new dispatchers. The posting is in the process of being put up if not already. If you know anyone that is qualified and interested please direct them to the "careers" page at Continental.com to apply. We expect to begin training in January.

Just in! This is an email from a friend who works in COA DX.

Go to COA website to apply. Be aware that they WILL be moving to the windy and blowy city of ORD to merge with UAL.

Good luck to all of you!

OWW~

whats the info on the place? Starting pay? Schedules? office quality? etc...

So what are the chances of getting furloughed when the move to ORD happens?

So what are the chances of getting furloughed when the move to ORD happens?

According to them, THEY don't even know! COA admin. hasn't even addressed the move for DX'ers to ORD but have told them they will be moving.

They have had some atrition and some growth that will allow for the additional DX'ers.

For me, I'd rather live in IAH than ORD.

whats the info on the place? Starting pay? Schedules? office quality? etc...

You will be a full fledged DX'er not an ass't like most. Schedule is a good question. From what I know, they bid according to seniority. I'm guessing bottom feeders will get coverage/reserve lines or graveyard. I do know they have a generous trade day and day at a time vacation policy.

Last edited:
I would not expect any furloughs with the move to ORD. I know some of the CO dispatchers and the rumblings are that many of the senior CO dispatchers will retire rather than move out of the IAH area.
There are some other options in IAH as well. Universal and Colt International are both based there.

Latest resources

Back