Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Flyerjosh

I love Flightinfo.com
Can one of you folks that work there verify or dispute this rumor/story I heard from a former coworker? If it's true it's a total crock of ********************.

<Forwarded Message>:

CO Pilot Moves Nonrev VP Into Coach, Gets Suspension
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]
Recently, one of Newark’s most professional B756 captains finds himself and his family without a paycheck for 30 days!

Maybe you’re thinking that this guy must have done something out of character, or committed a grave violation of company policy, or FARs . . . right? Management tells us we have a partnership accord and a working-together promise. “Dignity and Respect” have fallen by the wayside, so management can make way for their executive perks to take precedence over crew rest and safety.

At the gate in Rome, the captain called SOCC for clarification and help in determining whether or not a nonrevenue Company VP of Revenue Management, who listed himself for a Business First seat, should occupy the B/F seat while moving the pilot rest/safety seat to coach. SOCC agreed with the captain, and SOCC called the gate agent to reassign the VP to a Coach seat. Both the captain and the VP were cordial and professional. The flight pushed 25 minutes late and arrived 5 minutes early in EWR.

The captain acted in good faith and with complete professionalism at all times. The captain also acted in the highest interest of safety for his crew and passengers, yet at a disciplinary hearing convened by the EWR CPO on March 3, he was found guilty of both delaying a flight and, more importantly it appears, having the VP of Revenue Management sit in Coach, in order to have the working crew rest seat changed to B/F. This captain was advised that some individual, high on the organizational chain, initially wanted him fired for moving this VP of Revenue Management to coach—fired for a decision made in good faith that was made in concurrence with the on-duty Continental Airlines Ops Manager. This discipline was then reduced, through discussion, to a 90-day suspension. I suppose that he is supposed to consider himself lucky to now be without a paycheck for only 30 days.
[/FONT]

Corporate greed at it's finest... IMHO... This captain is concerned with the safety of the flight, in terms of crew rest, and gets no pay for 30 days for doing his job... Unbelievable...

Helloooooooooo. FAA, where are you? I know you're on this board somewhere because you sure arn't out doing your job. I hope this Captain gets the best lawyer money can buy. Where is ALPA on this subject?

I really hope that this story is just some sadly twisted rumor...

This is amazing !
Flyerjosh said:
Can one of you folks that work there verify or dispute this rumor/story I heard from a former coworker? If it's true it's a total crock of ********************.

<Forwarded Message>:

CO Pilot Moves Nonrev VP Into Coach, Gets Suspension
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]
Recently, one of Newark’s most professional B756 captains finds himself and his family without a paycheck for 30 days!

Maybe you’re thinking that this guy must have done something out of character, or committed a grave violation of company policy, or FARs . . . right? Management tells us we have a partnership accord and a working-together promise. “Dignity and Respect” have fallen by the wayside, so management can make way for their executive perks to take precedence over crew rest and safety.

At the gate in Rome, the captain called SOCC for clarification and help in determining whether or not a nonrevenue Company VP of Revenue Management, who listed himself for a Business First seat, should occupy the B/F seat while moving the pilot rest/safety seat to coach. SOCC agreed with the captain, and SOCC called the gate agent to reassign the VP to a Coach seat. Both the captain and the VP were cordial and professional. The flight pushed 25 minutes late and arrived 5 minutes early in EWR.

The captain acted in good faith and with complete professionalism at all times. The captain also acted in the highest interest of safety for his crew and passengers, yet at a disciplinary hearing convened by the EWR CPO on March 3, he was found guilty of both delaying a flight and, more importantly it appears, having the VP of Revenue Management sit in Coach, in order to have the working crew rest seat changed to B/F. This captain was advised that some individual, high on the organizational chain, initially wanted him fired for moving this VP of Revenue Management to coach—fired for a decision made in good faith that was made in concurrence with the on-duty Continental Airlines Ops Manager. This discipline was then reduced, through discussion, to a 90-day suspension. I suppose that he is supposed to consider himself lucky to now be without a paycheck for only 30 days.
[/FONT]

Where is ALPA on this subject?
My guess but ALPA probably was the organization who coordinated the pilot contributions to keep this guy going and they will probably be the ones grieving this to get him his backpay.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back