• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Co-pilot opportunities- Mass

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I guess that is exactly the kind of response I would expect from a former Mesaba pilot, who is accustomed to PFT.

You are now a chief pilot? Do you treat your people any better than you were treated?

By all means, see if this retired airline Captain with international experience wants to come fly a King Air with you for free. He might even still have travel privileges, so you wouldn't have to buy him a ticket. The two of you could share a room and further keep costs down for the owner. That is sure to keep you in their good graces :)

Professionals ( like Dr.s and attorneys) usually do pro-Bono work for poor people. Why is it you think pilots should do it for the wealthy?

At least maybe you could sell him some insurance.

I guess that is exactly the kind of response I would expect from a former Mesaba pilot, who is accustomed to PFT.

You are now a chief pilot? Do you treat your people any better than you were treated?

By all means, see if this retired airline Captain with international experience wants to come fly a King Air with you for free. He might even still have travel privileges, so you wouldn't have to buy him a ticket. The two of you could share a room and further keep costs down for the owner. That is sure to keep you in their good graces :)

Professionals ( like Dr.s and attorneys) usually do pro-Bono work for poor people. Why is it you think pilots should do it for the wealthy?

At least maybe you could sell him some insurance.

I'm glad you had something to contribute to the conversation. Your personal attacks are much appreciated. They really helped us to discuss the topic at hand.

Granted, I was talking about personal freedom with undertones of free market capitalism while you were addressing your misconceptions about me. But I'm sure where I work and what I do is more important to you then defending your piss poor position that you should have the right to determine what type of job another pilot takes.

As long as we are going talk about American ideals, I can definately express my opinion as well. If I want to say the original poster is under cutting the market and is hurting us trying to feed our families then that is fine too.

I'm glad you had something to contribute to the conversation. Your personal attacks are much appreciated. They really helped us to discuss the topic at hand.

Granted, I was talking about personal freedom with undertones of free market capitalism while you were addressing your misconceptions about me. But I'm sure where I work and what I do is more important to you then defending your piss poor position that you should have the right to determine what type of job another pilot takes.

Pot, meet Kettle.

You are the one that came on here calling everyone who disagrees with you a bunch of cry babies. You went so far as to state you cannot believe how far this country has fallen. Really?

It's called free speech. It goes hand in hand with free markets. I don't recall anyone here proposing a law to ban this guy from taking an entry level job.

I just want everyone to consider the source when they read your post. Maybe instead of slugging it out in the trenches you used mom and dads money to buy yourself an FO job at Mesaba? Is that why this subject touches a nerve with you? Didn't you used to fly contract? I bet you were thrilled when a customer told you that they could get some retired military or airline guy to do it cheaper, and asked you to lower your daily rate.

Once again, it's a free country ( you can thank me and my friends for that on Nov 11 th).

Pot, meet Kettle.

You are the one that came on here calling everyone who disagrees with you a bunch of cry babies. You went so far as to state you cannot believe how far this country has fallen. Really?

It's called free speech. It goes hand in hand with free markets. I don't recall anyone here proposing a law to ban this guy from taking an entry level job.

They have every right to say what they want, but that doesn't mean they aren't cry babies. In a free market you have three options; do it cheaper, do it better or go home. Don't complain if someone does it better and cheaper. That makes you a cry baby.

As for banning the guy from working, whether there is a push for a law or not, there is clearly an intent to bully this guy out of a job. You cannot deny that.

I just want everyone to consider the source when they read your post. Maybe instead of slugging it out in the trenches you used mom and dads money to buy yourself an FO job at Mesaba? Is that why this subject touches a nerve with you?

I don't know what they do. I know I never paid for training. Not once.

Didn't you used to fly contract? I bet you were thrilled when a customer told you that they could get some retired military or airline guy to do it cheaper, and asked you to lower your daily rate.

I never flew contract. You have no idea who I am do you? No, you came on here and made a bunch of accusations that are completely baseless in hopes of supporting an indefensible position. Not once have you backed the notion that the people on this board should have the right to bully someone out of a job. You've chosen to attack me because I pointed out the absurdness of the argument.

Once again, it's a free country ( you can thank me and my friends for that on Nov 11 th).

Ooohh you are a veteran. Well, thank you for your service, but that doesn't give you the right to bully people into doing what you want.

I don't know what they do. I know I never paid for training. Not once.

Really? you don't list Mil in your profile?

I never flew contract. You have no idea who I am do you? No, you came on here and made a bunch of accusations that are completely baseless in hopes of supporting an indefensible position. Not once have you backed the notion that the people on this board should have the right to bully someone out of a job. You've chosen to attack me because I pointed out the absurdness of the argument.

Well my friend, back on 10-15 of this year, you shared this little gem with the group. Here is a quote from your post:

When I was working full-time and flying contract work, almost all of my contract work came from word of mouth. The best thing you can do is socialize with people that have that type of aircraft. The second best thing you can do is to make a few unsolicited phone calls. Most likely they'll say no. In fact, I can guarantee they'll say no. What will impress them is how you handle the rejection. I would always respond with "I knew it was a long shot, but would you mind if I send you my resume (or card, whichever you have) just in case something comes up?"

Most people love to get a salesman off the phone and they will do about anything to get rid of you. By getting permission to send them a resume they got rid of you but said yes at the same time. In the end, they will probably call you for a trip. 90% of the time getting a job, especially a temp. job, is not about being the most qualified it is about being the easiest to hire.

So either you were LYING then, or you are LYING now. In addition to possibly being a pathological liar, you are also a hypocrite for coming on this post and whining about other people whining.

I don't think anyone here was trying to bully a retired airline pilot. Myself, I was trying to point out to him that if your only competitive advantage is your willingness to work cheaper, please don't come in and screw up my profession. Just like an airline pilot would not like it when a "scab" comes in and offers to take their job while they are striking for better pay, work rules and living conditions.

I really don't have to worry about this guy taking my job, as ICAO sets the age limit for PIC at most of my destinations, and this guy's expiration date was 5 years ago. I am simply pointing out that there is some kid out there trying to get a break, so that one day, he or she might get a job flying for a major airline or Fortune 100 company. In the meantime, that entry level job would put food on the table, gas in the tank and hours in the logbook. Sorry I'm such an inconsiderate jack ass for not putting the interests of a retired airline pilot first :)

Maybe you wouldn't have to sell insurance on the side to make a living, if you demanded a decent wage, in return for your skills and experience? I'm sorry that this has devolved into a peeing contest between the two of us, but I think your loyalties to some guy who probably makes more in retirement than you make flying, is misplaced. As a taxpayer, footing the bill for his SSI and Medicare, the thought of him undercutting someone else is a little irritating (read the code - no reasonable offer refused - just want to stay involved).

Last edited:
Really? you don't list Mil in your profile?

OMG...really? I guess because I have bad eye sight I should never have been a pilot? So now, not only can people not work for the wages they want to work for, but they can't join the profession unless they follow the same path you did. Lame.

Well my friend, back on 10-15 ... post:

LOL...the contract work I did was 3 flights a year for another company. I was never a full-time contract pilot. Nice try though.

So either you ... whining.

I'm sorry I don't post like a lawyer. Guess I should write a long disclaimer at the end of this post.

I don't .... conditions.

You want to talk about hypocrisy. It was almost in the same sentence.

I really don't have to worry about this guy taking my job, ... a retired airline pilot first :)

There you go again, determining who should work and when.

Maybe you wouldn't ... - just want to stay involved).

I guess the word reasonable avoided you?

lease read all instructions and warnings before use. Must be 18 years of age or older to proceed further. Enter at your own risk. Do not enter. Speed limit - 28.8 or higher. Stop here on red. Hostess will seat you. Trucks over 4 tons excluded. Void where prohibited by law. Some assembly required. This is a test of the emergency broadcast system - this is ONLY A TEST! List each check separately by bank number. Batteries not included. Contents may settle during shipment. Any resemblance to persons living or dead is purely coincidental. Use only as directed. For indoor or outdoor use only. Wearing of this garment does not enable you to fly. We make no other warranties, expressed or implied. Do not use while operating a motor vehicle or heavy equipment. Postage will be paid by addressee. Postal service will not deliver mail without postage. No postage necessary if mailed in the United States. Subject to CAB approval. This is not an offer to sell securities. May be too intense for some viewers. See other side for additional listings. This product is meant for educational purposes only. For recreational use only. For office use only. For entertainment purposes only. Only 1 winner per household. Do not disturb. All models are over 18 years of age. Apply only to infected areas. If condition persists, consult your physician. Take two of these and call me in the morning. An apple a day keeps the doctor away. Now with new plastic applicator. High altitude directions-increase cook time by 10 minutes. This is not an attorney advertisement or referal service. No user-serviceable parts inside. Website contains small parts and is not intended for use by children under the age of eighteen. This compact disc was originally recorded on analog equipment. Freshest if eaten before date on carton. Times are approximate. Do not disturb. Simulated picture. Please remain seated until the ride comes to a complete stop. Return your seatback and tray table to their normal upright position. Your seat cushion can be used as a flotation device. In the event of decreased air pressure, oxygen masks will pop out of the top of your monitor. The call you have made requires a 20 cent deposit. Breaking seal constitutes acceptance of agreement. For off-road use only. Do not block intersection. No tresspassing. No stopping or standing. Don't even think about parking here. No parking when road is snow covered. As seen on TV. One size fits all. Product will be hot after heating. Do not iron clothes on body. Remove clothing before distributing in washing machine. Do not use while sleeping. Do not use on food. Many suitcases look alike. Contains a substantial amount of non-Tobacco ingredients. Colors may fade. Insert this end first. We have sent the forms which seem right for you. This page made from 100% recycled electrons. Slippery when wet. No substitutions allowed. For a limited time only. Void where prohibited, taxed, or otherwise restricted. Caveat emptor. Provided "as-is" without warranty. Reader assumes full responsibility. We are an equal opportunity employer. No shoes, no shirt, no service. Quantities are limited while supplies last. If any defects are discovered, do not attempt to fix them yourself, but return to an authorized service center. Read at your own risk. Parental advisory - explicit lyrics. Text may contain explicit materials some readers may find objectionable, parental guidance is advised. Keep away from sunlight. Keep away from pets and small children. Limit one per family please. No money down. No purchase necessary. Not affiliated with the American Red Cross. Drop in any mailbox. Edited for television. Keep cool. Process promptly. Return to sender, no forwarding order on file, unable to forward. Not responsible for direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any defect, error or failure to perform. Webmaster is also not responsible for items left, lost or stolen. At participating locations only. Sold by weight, not by volume. Penalty for private use. See label for sequence. This web site rated 'R' for Mature audiences. Do not take with alcohol. Sealed for your protection - do not use if safety seal is broken. Substantial penalty for early withdrawal. Do not write below this line. Falling rock. Use seatbelts even with airbags. Do not stop on railroad tracks. Lost ticket pays maximum rate. Your canceled check is your receipt. Add toner. Place stamp here. Avoid contact with skin. Sanitized for your protection. Employees must wash hands before returning to work. Caution, coffee is served HOT. Be sure each item is properly endorsed. Sign here without admitting guilt. Slightly higher west of the Mississippi. Employees and their families are not eligible. Beware of dog. Contestants have been briefed on some questions before the show. Filmed in front of a live, studio audience. Call now to ensure prompt delivery. Leave off the last S for savings. Calls may be monitored for quality assurance or training purposes. Please make your selections from the following menu. All representatives are still busy assisting other callers. Please stay on the line and a representative will be with you when they feel the need. Please call back during our normal business hours. You must be present to win. Winners need not be present to win. No passes accepted for this engagement. Do not use this product with a petroleum based lubricant. No animals were harmed in the preparation of this web site; only humans. This web page contains no CFCs. Discontinue use if nausea or dizziness occurs. Shading within a garment may occur. Use only in a well-ventilated area. Keep away from fire or flames. No soliciting. Bridge freezes before road surface. Stop, get ticket. Right lane must turn right. Left lane must turn left. Middle lane must make up their damn minds. This site runs on unleaded fuel only. Objects in mirror may be closer than they appear. Buses and carpools with two or more people only. No hitchhiking. Components may be hot. Silica gel - do not eat. Not to be used in conjunction with any other offer. Details on reverse side. Shoplifters will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. We reserve the right to check all bags, coats & personal belongings upon exiting this page. Recycle. Fragile - handle with care. This side up. Action figures sold separately. No preservatives added. Some equipment shown is optional. Price does not include tax. Do not remove any HTML tags under penalty of law. Hand wash only - tumble dry on low heat. No Canadian coins. Short circuit may cause fire. No more than 3 transactions per car. Not recommended for small children. Prerecorded for this time zone. Reproduction strictly prohibited. No alcohol, dogs or horses. Not for resale. List at least two alternate dates. Blackout dates may apply. Viewing by pregnant women may result in fetal injury, premature birth and low birth weight. First pull up, then pull down. Insert Tab A into Slot B. Call toll free number before digging. This space (____________) intentionally left blank. Some of the trademarks mentioned in this product appear for identification purposes only. Record additional transactions on back of previous stub. Unix is a registered trademark of AT&T. Do not fold, spindle or mutilate. No transfers issued until the bus comes to a complete stop. Doors do not rebound or bounce back. Your mileage may vary. This article does not reflect the thoughts or opinions of either myself, my company, my friends, or my cat. Don't quote me on that. Don't quote me on anything. All rights reserved. Patent pending. For external use only. Avoid extreme temperatures. Avoid contact with eyes and skin. Do not puncture, incinerate, or store above 120 degrees Fahrenheit. Do not place near a magnetic source. Smoking could be hazardous to your health. Cigarette Smoke Contains Carbon Monoxide. Smoking Causes Lung Cancer, Heart Disease, Emphysema. The best safeguard, second only to abstinence, is the use of a condom. No salt, MSG, artificial color or flavoring added. If ingested, induce vomiting. Ribbed for her pleasure. Offer valid only at participating locations. Slightly higher west of the Rockies. Allow four to six weeks for delivery. You may distribute this article freely, but may not make a profit from it. Actual cash value of this website is 1/1000th of a cent. Listen to your mom. Eat your veggies. Wear your seatbelt. Don't take candy from strangers... or strange people... or anyone really. Illustrations are slightly enlarged to show detail. If something offends you, lighten up, get a life and move on. This list was current at the time of printing. Terms are subject to change without notice. All decisions are final! This supersedes all previous notices.

This disclaimer may not be copied or reproduced in any form

without the expressed written consent of whoever I stole it from.

Its best not to engage in the fine art of internet message board bickering unless you are SOMEWHAT skilled at it.

;)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back