• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Co-pilot opportunities- Mass

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No, I am beginning to think that you would have been screened out during the psych eval anyways. :nuts:

So here you are 4 or 5 posts in and the best you can come up with is a series of attacks on me? I fail to see how that excuses your apparent need to control what other pilots earn and how they earn it.

So here you are 4 or 5 posts in and the best you can come up with is a series of attacks on me? I fail to see how that excuses your apparent need to control what other pilots earn and how they earn it.

Would it help if I apologized to you???

Have you ever considered that perhaps your own career has been limited by the fact that you live in an area saturated with retired airline pilots?

Airline pilots jealously guard their progression by implementing such things as seniority, pay protection, and scope into their contracts. As I have no desire for the union lifestyle, I have chosen to fly corporate. Contrary to your assertion, I have no desire to control what other pilots make, I'm just offering some advice to a guy to take a look in the mirror before lowers the bar for us lowly General Aviation pilots.

When someone offers to do a job for free, or at a significantly reduced rate because they are bored, it creates a market distortion. Most large companies HR departments will base your pay on what your contemporaries make (not what they report to Pro-Pilot magazine).

If I ever won the lottery I would like go to medical school to become a plastic surgeon so that I could perform free breast augmentation and tummy tucks, just to make the world a more beautiful place. :beer:
My guess is that the other doctors in my profession would not look to favorably upon my decision. Why would any patient pay for such a procedure when they could get it from me for free?

Last edited:
Have you ever considered that perhaps your own career has been limited by the fact that you live in an area saturated with retired airline pilots?
I don't think that's the reason his career has been limited. :D

Professionals ( like Dr.s and attorneys) usually do pro-Bono work for poor people. Why is it you think pilots should do it for the wealthy?
A very solid point indeed. If he wants to donate his time and professional skill to "stay involved", why not get involved in charitable organizations like AngelFlight, or CAP? Why undercut somebody trying to make a living to save rich people/companies a few $$??? If the retired pilot is so "worldly" and experienced, he/she should be able to compete for jobs at FAIR MARKET RATES, not "no reasonable offer refused".

A very solid point indeed. If he wants to donate his time and professional skill to "stay involved", why not get involved in charitable organizations like AngelFlight, or CAP? Why undercut somebody trying to make a living to save rich people/companies a few $$??? If the retired pilot is so "worldly" and experienced, he/she should be able to compete for jobs at FAIR MARKET RATES, not "no reasonable offer refused".

Exactly! Or he / she could mentor a young pilot and experience the "thrill of aviation" vicariously. How about endowing a scholarship, or teaching a ground school? There are so many ways to stay involved without stepping on those who are trying to make a living in this profession.

We all have stories of guys not wanting to hang up their wings after retirement.
Who knows they may really need the the income. I have an issue with retired guys flying entry level 135 jobs or part 91 corporate gigs out of boredom.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back