CO Hiring?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

miles otoole

Yikes. Must be a near 60 CA. On March 2, 2005, at 1550 eastern standard time, a Boeing 777-200, N78008, operated by Continental Airlines as flight 99, experienced a tail strike departing from the Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR), Newark, New Jersey. There were no injuries to the 2 certificated airline transport flight crewmembers, 2 relief flight crewmembers, 12 flight attendants, or 198 passengers. Visual meteorological conditions prevailed, and an instrument flight rules (IFR) flight plan had been filed for the flight destined for Hong Kong, China. The flight was a scheduled international passenger flight, conducted under 14 CFR Part 121.

According to a representative of the operator, the airplane was departing from runway 4R, an 11,000 foot-long, 150 foot-wide, asphalt runway. As the airplane was rotated, it lifted off the runway, momentarily settled back to the ground, and lifted off a second time. Suspecting that the tail of the airplane struck the ground, the pilot elected to return to the airport, where it landed uneventfully.

A Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) inspector and representatives of Boeing and the operator examined the airplane after the accident. Scrape marks were observed on the underside of the airplane's tail section. Further examination revealed substantial damage to the aft pressure bulkhead.

Latest from the CAL training center last night was that if the concessionary contract passes we will hire 250 starting in April. If it doesn't pass, then we will furlough about the same amount.

CAL to T-1A said:
Latest from the CAL training center last night was that if the concessionary contract passes we will hire 250 starting in April. If it doesn't pass, then we will furlough about the same amount.

I smell BS. This is just a management scare tactic. A concessionary TA would mean improvements in crew efficiency which would require fewer crew members. If they need the crews with the TA, then they need them even more without it.

I instruct at Laughlin.

Continental only has 737-800s in Guam. There is always a chance you could be assigned to Guam out of training but usually there are enough volunteers because of starting at second year pay. Some folks commute but I've heard it is extremely difficult. Most folks I know that took Guam enjoyed it as long as they were not worried about schools for the kids.

Latest resources

Back