CO Den Crash??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

hmmurdock

Greetings. Not to take away anything from the US Air crash or the excellent performance of the crew, but I was wondering why the media did'nt give as much positive attention to the CO crash. After all, all the pax were safely evacuated from the CO plane which burned. The crews in both instances did an excellent job getting everyone off safely, so I was just a little surprised at the different levels of media attention between the crashes.

Take care

I think the media is always going to jump all over the pilots as the primary cause of any accident. In the New York ditching it was soon apparent to the news reporters that birds caused an engine failure and thus reported that every survived because of the pilots. In the Colorado runoff, the cause was not and is still not known. Therefore the news assumes that it was pilot error and everyone survived in spite of the pilots.

The fact that there have been 2 major accidents in the last month and not a single fatality is the real miracle.

I am tired of the news making such a Hero of the captain, with no mention of the rest of the crew.

Wouldnt it be great if the CVR shows the Hudson was the idea of the FO, and that the FO was flying the plane. (not to take away from Sully, but come on, he wasnt by himself).

And kudos to the CAL crew in DEN. And good job to all of us that have events that no one even knows about. (if they only knew what we go thru up front and they never know about).

i just hope they don't find out that they had a single bird strike and the crew shut down the wrong engine or something like that....

Losing both engines immediately after takeoff sounds much more perilous than aborting 2000' down the runway, never having left the ground. Landing in the water with ferry rescue created even more hoopla around the incident. Being in NYC only added to it.

No surprise that the USAir crash garnered a bigger punch the first day. The ditching involved a lot more variables and judgment.

Aside from that, both crews did a great job getting everyone out safely. So equal footing in that respect.

CAL crew = caused the accident, failure to maintain control of the aircraft.

USair crew= caused the accident, failure to see and avoid large flying birds.

Same, same.

McNugget:

I know you post just to get people riled up for your own personal enjoyment, but that's low.

You truly are an a$$hole. I'd like to see you handle your aircraft if it ever become a dirt dart. Hopefully you'll create a large single piloted smoking hole (w/o pax, of course).

You've just made it to my ignore list.

I am tired of the news making such a Hero of the captain, with no mention of the rest of the crew.

Wouldnt it be great if the CVR shows the Hudson was the idea of the FO, and that the FO was flying the plane. (not to take away from Sully, but come on, he wasnt by himself).

And kudos to the CAL crew in DEN. And good job to all of us that have events that no one even knows about. (if they only knew what we go thru up front and they never know about).

I once saw a flight engineer tell a smart ass young First Officer, "son you have three jobs on this airplane, first is to put the gear up and down when he (the captain) tells you to, second move the Flaps up and down when he tells you to and third get the trash off my airplane".

I thought that was funny. Died laughing.

Latest resources

Back