• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CO..Delta VS Safety

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I honestly don't see the big deal in sending crews back to Mumbai. The terrorist attack has been isolated to one hotel and that appears to have come to an end.
Dude, You need to read the news... the terrorists shot up the two hotels, the train station, a gas station, a Hospital, a synagogue, some cafes and were attempting to shoot up the domestic airport.

It wasn't just a minor incident.

Last edited:
Dude, You need to read the news... the terrorists shot up the two hotels, the train station, a gas station, a Hospital, a synagogue, some cafes and were attempting to shoot up the domestic airport.

It wasn't just a minor incident.

At the time of my post, the attack had been isolated to one hotel....Dude.

But that's my point, the information that we have as line pilots is limited. By watching the TV, someone might think that it was only the hotels, I saw in print articles the first day, still pictures from the the train station and the synagogue showing the attacks.

I suspect that as a large company with contacts in the our government, Delta had better information than you or I.

But that's my point, the information that we have as line pilots is limited. By watching the TV, someone might think that it was only the hotels, I saw in print articles the first day, still pictures from the the train station and the synagogue showing the attacks.

I suspect that as a large company with contacts in the our government, Delta had better information than you or I.

I agree. I am sure that Delta had good intel and I am sure that CAL had good intel. I don't fault Delta for not going, especially considering what their crews were subjected to in BOM. At the same time, I don't fault CAL for sending a plane over after the situation was apparently contained.

Trust me, my list of grievances will CAL mgmt is long but I don't fault them for this one.

Yeah, but with "rolling thunder" you actually have to fly. I don't want too.

Oh yeah, the 12 hour callout sucks too! I played tennis in ATL with a buddy while he was sitting reserve in NYC on the 738, and no it wasn't on a Wii.

Glad to hear the real estate biz is doing well for you, "papa-roth", but if you think our contract is anything comparable to DAL's then I'd have to question your sanity.

BTW, maybe you should borrow my screen name, "plug". ;-)

Later,

"booty-call"

Latest resources

Back