• Watchers 11

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Q-400's are teh sexeh!

BTW, P-Dawg no offense but that avatar is quite disturbing. It's made me scared of the dark again...

SLC
:)

surplus1 said:
The intent of the LOA is 35 more jets, 25 of which will either be the CRJ700 or the EMB170, not some turboprop not matter how many seats it may have. Please! Let's not start playing the bait-and-switch game with our contract.

Do NOT take my word for this. Please call your status rep or your MEC if you have any doubts.

I hate to be the one to take a big dump all over your happy, but as a jailhouse lawyer with a fair amount of experience with the arbitration process I can confidently predict that a grievance on the subject of 400's would be DOA.

Read this book. The biggest mistake we can make going into arbitration is to assume that it's a level playing field.

FDJ2,

Thanks for your help but, I can read the contract. How many have you airbitrated, zero?

I know your self-interest wishes that we don't get jets. I suggest you worry about your contract with Delta and let us worry about our own contract.

regionaltard,
1) Thanks for your opinion.

2) For what it's worth, I think I can match your arbitration experience any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Comair Pilots,

Contact our MEC if you want to know what the intent of our contract is.

Their opinion is the only one that matters. They know what they negotiated and they have the notes.

Hey, if the cost of oil keeps going north, maybe getting all turboprops would be a blesssing in disguise. Ever think about that? By the way, for all you non-Comair guys out there...I want to squash this idea that the majority voted 'Yes' because Fred flew in an E-170 and we all just about wet ourselves. I didn't talk to a single guy at Comair who cared about the type of airplane, the vote was more about people being tired of maintaining the bar while watching growth go elsewhere and it was only around 60% at that. True, it was a majority but not a huge majority. It's a free country so go on and bash us...I just want to make sure you've got your facts straight.

surplus1 said:
regionaltard,
1) Thanks for your opinion.

2) For what it's worth, I think I can match your arbitration experience any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

I'm sorry. For a minute there, it almost sounded like you believe that the negotiators' notes will trump the plain language of the LOA. My bad.

surplus1 said:
Contact our MEC if you want to know what the intent of our contract is.

Their opinion is the only one that matters. They know what they negotiated and they have the notes.

Uh, I believe of the 4 voting members, only 3 voted, and of those three, only 1 is still on the MEC.

It was a crap shoot, a role of the dice, and the pilots lost! Plan and simple. They dont know anything more than the rest of the Comair Pilots.

wolfpackpilot said:
Uh, I believe of the 4 voting members, only 3 voted, and of those three, only 1 is still on the MEC.

It was a crap shoot, a role of the dice, and the pilots lost! Plan and simple. They dont know anything more than the rest of the Comair Pilots.

Then you don't know much about the LOA. Comair pilots gained furlough protection, not only for every pilot at Comair, but for the pilots who will be hired at Comair. Most pilots moved forward 89 days in longevity, which will mean an earlier pay increase in two years. This wasn't about growth aircraft; that was icing on the cake. The contract with the new LOA is superior to our previous contract, and even with the pay freeze, we are still the second highest paid (second to Horizon, that is).

Furlough protection

bvt1151 said:
Then you don't know much about the LOA. Comair pilots gained furlough protection, not only for every pilot at Comair, but for the pilots who will be hired at Comair.

With 3000TT I guess you haven't been around the industry very long.

DAL had furlough protection too. Were is it now?

During these times furlough protection is a waste of negotiating capital.

Latest resources

Back