• Watchers 11

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
michael707767 said:
what do you think the odds are that the LOA survives Bk?

Not a chance. Best case scenario, the judge drops the snapback if jets don't arrive and freeze is extended.

Again...best case.

Broke in CVG said:
No the LOA does say 25 70 seat JETS. Fred told me firsthand, that the Q400s would be IN ADDITION TO, not in leu of the 25 LOA aircraft.

BTW: Anyone remember how many CRJ and EMB170s USAIR recieved financing for WHILE THEY WERE IN CHAPTER 11? You can finance anything, you just may not get the terms you want.

No, the LOA states Paragraph H.

"Guaranteed Aircraft Deliveries / Minimum Fleet Guarantee
...No Less than twenty - five (25) such aircraft shall be FAA certificated at no less than seventy (70) passenger seats."

I'm sorry. Where did it say jets?

>>Fred told me.<<

hahahahahahahahaha

You must be new to the airline game. Don't trust what someone tells you but read the fine print before you sign on the line.

The LOA just says 70 passenger seats, but FB has been telling recurrent classes that the Q400s would not count. Maybe he misread it? I know the intention was for EMB-170s or CRJ-700s.

Here's another interesting point - pay would be at current 70 seat rates "for any CL-700 or EMB-170 aircraft acquired by Company". Does that mean they'll be looking for a different pay rate on a Q400?

Assuming there are no other 70 seaters, what happens if you don't agree on a Q-400 payrate? Does the LOA become null and void resulting in a snapback?

I think it's obvious that Phreddy never had a plan for 70's at Comair. His only goal was to get concessions from the pilots. He achieved that goal with the greatest of ease and now he has 18 months of concessions from the pilots.

Hat's off to ya Phreddy!

C425Driver

Traumahawk said:
Forgive me if I'm misinformed...and this isn't meant to start a war...

But I was just wondering, and this seemed to have fallen by the wayside as to what has come of this situation.

So, Fred asked for a pay freeze that saved an amount that probably couldn't buy A 170. Ok fine.

"I see 170's in our future" - FB

Then there was a 170 on the property for you guys to climb all over...things actually seemed to be going according to plan.

Flash forward. You have gotten some used 50's and theres talk now of yes, 70 seat aircraft, but they might just be Dash 8's?? WTF Over?!

No offense to the new Dash, nice avionics and fuel effeciency..yea yea. But, you can't seriously tell me that this was the plan here. What exactly happened??

From a neutral standpoint it smells like Bullsh!t. They gave the ComAir pilots boners(and hard nipples, ladies) for new planes, made the Canadians sh!t their pants with a superior product from the jungle on your property, and in hindsight you guys have given up potential cash and are icing blue-balls wondering if it was all worth it.

ASA got planes without taking a freeze OR consessions. Was this smoke and mirrors to get the Canadians to sell even cheaper??

Bluntly, were you guys Duped or not?

Hauy! If you were offered a jet hotdog or a prop hotdog which one would you eat? Either one is the same size, juicy, and delicious! All depends on the amount of slaw, mustard and ketsup you have on it! Hauy! :p

(please, no one take this seriously except Traumahawk!)

(How's life at Chau,mid,repub, or whatever?);)

Last edited:
HAAUYY!! You answrd' my question Norm. Nice job....by the way...call me wiskers. Otherwise I'll bite your ear off...you've been warned! Cubs Win, Cubs win!!

Republishuttlequa is great. I'm still in therapy for the constant flashbacks from our old job. Not as often though lately. Could be a plus. You still in the Nasty? I heard a couple rookies passed their checkrides up there this week....

:D

Suhhyaaaa--

T-Hawk

Last edited:
Once Delta declares bankruptcy, arguments about which brand of jet and Q400(s) will all be moot.

Comair and ASA will both be dragged into BK along with Delta. All contracts will become subject to renegotiation, including the Comair LOA.

That is no different from what would have happened without the LOA, except that the LOA will now have to be negotiated along with the rest, whereas without it, there would be no chance of negotiating it while in bankruptcy.

The Comair contract is today better than it was before the LOA, so we're in a better position in bankruptcy than we would have been without it.

Given that Delta is almost certain to go Chapter 11, we will all be negotiating for survival, including The General.

The only thing guaranteed is that everyone will loose something in bankruptcy. We just don't know what or how much as yet. Who will fare better is pure conjecture at this point.

Keep your chin up and keep a cool head. We were in a much more critical situation during our strike at Comair than we are today and we didn't roll over and play dead. There is no reason we should do so now. Bankruptcy won't be a bed of roses under any circumstance but the sky isn't falling, yet.

Prepare for battle; it is coming. Even though this war is not of our making, we must be willing to fight. We were once able to do so and hold our own. If those of you that have joined us since will keep the solidarity that was our greatest asset then, we can make it through the pending crisis just as we made it through that one. Unity is not only our best weapon, it may well be our only weapon. Don't lose it.

surplus1 said:
The Comair contract is today better than it was before the LOA, so we're in a better position in bankruptcy than we would have been without it.

That's a bold statement, however for those of us who can step back and take a rational look at things, its a very true statement.

Latest resources

Back