Climbto350 or Planejobs.com?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flyboy

just curious, which would be a better place to check for jobs? I've been on climbto350 for about a month now and haven't even found anything reasonably close to my area to apply for. has anyone been to both sites? which would you suggest? thanks.

Stay with Climbto350.

I agree, stay with climbto350. Where are you located? Kansas City seems to be one of the only dead areas.

Stay with climbto350.

In the past two weeks I have had two calls from outfits . I did not solicit them but they researched my resume on file with climbto350.

Employers use it. My current employer uses them for various aviation positions.

I'm also getting calls regularly from employers who use climbto350, even though I state in my resume thingy that I'm not allowed to work. Go figure...

For whatever it's worth, I've had jobs off climbto350. The same jobs can be found in a number of locations, but I like their quick application format, and the way the resume is delivered. Even when I have a decent job, I keep sending out resumes and applications...you never know when something else is going to come up, or the current job will suddenly change or end. Better to be currenly applying or receiving offers at a time like that, than trying to get started.

As an aside, I wouldn't limit myself to searching for jobs in your immediate area. I don't know what your experience and background qualification is, but you're much better off looking for jobs for which you are qualified, and planning on moving if necessary to take them. You'll limit yourself immensely if you plan on working in aviation and only taking what's within arm's reach.

I start to wonder fif some of the jobs on planejobs are real. By the way I applied via Planejobs to Dragon Air 3 yrs ago and finally got a response that they had received my resume 6 months ago. Hmmm 2.5 yr delay??!!

Ditto avbug, it is career limiting in this business to not move for the job.

Ditto avbug, it is career limiting in this business to not move for the job.
I agree with YIP and AVBUG on this one. If you got into the transportation business (aka: flying) thinking that you will not be traveling you should reconsider your decision. Commuting should be avoided at all costs. Heck, I lived in a tent in a state park when I was flying back checks, and I slept on a air mattress in a hanger while working for another operator. Read YIP's quote, they are some of the truest words ever spoken. I love flying, yup... I love it enough to live in tents and sleep in hangers. Going through the hard times make you appreciate the good times even more. I'm happy to say that these are good times!

Oh and here is another vote for climbto350.com. Although nothing beats the good ol' boy network for obtaining a job in today's technology age, climbto350.com comes in a close second. But, use your personal contacts first. Not only will you have a better idea of what your signing up for, you will also have a much better shot at the job. Network, network, network.....

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back