• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Class action on ASA pay?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just curious. What is the ratio of mistakes you have seen? Are 90% in the companies favor?

My experience 99% of the time I get shorted, from a fraction of an hour up to 5-10 hours. And this has been going for years, many years. Those auditors are just plain incompetent and don't care if they screw up your pay. Why our pay statements don't break down our pay for credits po me too, such as ** hours for cancellation, **hours for DH, etc etc.

Just curious. What is the ratio of mistakes you have seen? Are 90% in the companies favor?

9 times out of 10 I get shorted as oppose to getting overpaid. 100% of the time I am correct on what's owed to me. I always get the "Sorry" email from the auditors.

They screw mine up every single month! One month, they shorted me nearly 30 hours and were rude when I called them to ask about what went wrong. They wouldn't even talk to me until I sent them a pay query.

A pay query should only be used to address a descrepency over a small issue, NOT 30 hrs! In any event, I spent at least 2 days dealing with their incompetence and doing their job for them. In the end, I finally got paid.

I fly with people all the time that say that they don't sweat a few hours here and there. Most of them don't even keep a log of their credit. That is so totally wrong. If you let them get away with cheating you month after month, it only furthers the problem for the entire pilot group. And the poor flight attendants........they don't have a clue how bad they are getting cheated.

If there were a PENALTY for screwing up our paychecks, it wouldnt happen anymore.

We need to ensure the next contract addresses pay issues, and provides for compensation for shortages.

I'm really hoping this entire thread is a joke. If my union supports this complete waste of time I'll be a little perturbed. Yes they suck at pay but they do ultimately pay you in accordance with our CPA. What exactly are you suing for?

If they overpay you by mistake, their auditors seem to find it in the blink of an eye; if they shorted you, it never gets brought to your attention and rectified.

That is a good point, and perhaps the greatest indictment of their payroll audit system. I have never received additional money in a check as a result of an error in my favor, nor do I know anyone else who has. Sched-Plus needs to be accurate at the close of each calendar day. If we find errors, we should receive a two hour override for the inconvenience. After paying so many potential penalties, it may force the I.T. department to write a decent payroll program; or we could just bleed them through litigation, as you suggest. It sounds good to me...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back