• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Clarity Aloft

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Create your own plugs! That is awesome! Do you mount them on the old posts from the original ear plugs?

The bose X is either amazing for you or bad, just like all the other headsets. It is a very custom choice. Good luck and Merry Christmas!

Not really necessary. Once you get the drill bit size right you just kind of push them on the posts. It takes a little experimenting to get them just right.

Are sunglasses comfortable to wear with the headset?
What about the mike boom; looks kinda flimsy?

Sunglasses are comfy to wear. You have to put the headset up first, then the glasses.

The mike is the reason I got the clarity instead of the other one (don't remember the competitor's name). Supposedly this should have a professional mike the one that singers use on stages etc... I am not sure if it is true or not, but I have no problems with it. I also don't feel anything especially great about it. It is very clear but it does pick up some wind noise if you increase the volume.

Clarity aloft is awesome

It's built pretty sturdy all components have a professional feel to them, nothing is flimsy even though some parts look like they would be based on their size.

for half the price of the bose it is unbeatable:
No more headband -- at all!
Buy any kind of sunglasses you please
When you put it on for the first time you'll realize how much weight and bulk used to be on your head.

Considerations:
The whole thing is very lightweight, so a tug on the cord can easily yank it off your head. You will have to clip the cord to something: you need enough slack to be able to turn your head side-to-side, but not so much that the cord tugs on the band.

with the earplugs properly inserted it is very quiet.
For those with a HotMic SW: I've asked others I've flown with and the noise from the mic is in the ballpark for other headsets.

Bottom line: I always wanted a BOSE untill I tried one. I guess knowing the price, I was underwhelmed. The Clarity Aloft really met or exceeded all of my expectations at half the price of the Bose.

Cheers
George

Sunglasses are comfy to wear. You have to put the headset up first, then the glasses.

The mike is the reason I got the clarity instead of the other one (don't remember the competitor's name). Supposedly this should have a professional mike the one that singers use on stages etc... I am not sure if it is true or not, but I have no problems with it. I also don't feel anything especially great about it. It is very clear but it does pick up some wind noise if you increase the volume.

Did yours come with the mike on the right side. I would like one but not if I have to drape the cord accross me....

the mic is on the left,

molded on

can't be changed.

I've tried it from the right and it's not bad but you do need to give the cord more slack...

Cheers
George

Did yours come with the mike on the right side. I would like one but not if I have to drape the cord accross me....

Yes you will have to drape the cord across you if you are in the right seat. Mike is on the left side. The cord is across me but it does not seem to bother me. I do clip it to my collar, and also to the tie or the shoulder harness. It has 2 clips. It takes like an extra 5-10 sec to set it up before each leg and the clip likes to fall off once in a while. Not a big deal and I only notice when I am bored and have too much time to do nothing... or not much.

Latest resources

Back