• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CL30 or G200?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
probably have to wait till there is more competion to push it through.

Perhaps we'll have the G250 to thank for the increase...it seems to be incrementally better in several categories. Not to mention Gulfstream's customer support...

Last edited:
I was in recurrent a couple months ago at Bombardier and they still didn't have any info on a gross weight increase. They are tossing around 3 ideas...

1. A small increase, paper work change type thing...
2. Modest increase, re-work the gear and paper work change
3. Larger increase, gear overhaul

It seems they are trying to come to an agreement that makes everyone unhappy, but I know what you mean...tanks full and a bit more gas and we would really be in business...probably have to wait till there is more competion to push it through.

1. should be no problem and 3. would be the way to go down the line for new aircraft.

I would expect something this year at or before NBAA.

Comparison

As I only sit in the back, and can not speak to any issue in the front of the plane, the G200 is much better for the passengers, hand down. I have flown a good bit on both (NJA G200 and Flex CL-300). The only advantage to the CL-300 is the in-flight baggage access if you need it. I fly several times each summer, high and hot, from the Rocky Mountains to the east coast with 6 pax. I have run close performance wise once -- NJA has us clear to about 97 degrees (I may be off by a degree or 2). I repeat, I can not weigh in on climb, boots, fuel or any other performace issue. But, both a great jets in the back in my opinion and suit my missions (east coast to Rocky Mountains) quite well.

Fly safe.

I just saw a late model G200 sell with 300 hours for 13 MIL. Immaculate condition!

Thats a good deal.

Anyone have updates on the CL30 vs G250/280? The 300 still has no weight increase that I've heard of. We're looking at new 300's but they're making them so heavy you can hardly get anyone on full fuel. But the 300's performance and costs are hard to beat.

We have two 300's in our company and are looking at a third. We have found them to be very economical and reliable. The only changes that I have heard Bombardier may make is stretching the cabin and adding 'INS' (IRU's) as an option...

It looks like the Falcon 2000S will now join the club competing in price and performance with the 300. Decisions....

Latest resources

Back