• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cl 604

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ah - I see. My naive self sees Co-Captain and thinks "PIC capable". Thanks for the clarification.

I believe Southern Air Systems is also advertising for a 604 pilot in Tampa. Don't call them, though as the ad says it will diqualify you from any future employment.

mobie,
sorry I didn't mean that in a bad way ...I'm 48...19 years in the airline industry and I quit in January 2005, could take it any more. I now flying a 900EX EASy for a company in VA.

Bob

widespreadpanic said:
There is a listing for a CL-604 co-captain position on aviationcareer.com.
I don't have a membership to that site.
Anyone have any info on the company?
Central Florida based CL-604.
Contact info?
Thanks
WP

Doesnt this one say the salary is $90,000? I saw it on SkyJobs...anyone have the info on that CL604 position?

FracCapt said:
Just curious.....why would you want to know time to climb to 25,000ft? A Challenger would go MUCH higher than that for a 3hr flight. I'd guess an optimum altitude would be around 36,000-39,000....maybe higher.

Not for operation, just for climb performance comparision, the 8 pass and 3hr are to stablish weight.

Also we are interested to know the T/O and landing Field rq. with dry or dirty runaway and 3000 ft elevation.

Our most common mission is to operte fron 3000ft sl and 6500ft runaway sometimes at 25 deg (celsius), and fly 1100nm with 5 passenger (now, soon will be 8 later 11) and to land at KTMB or KFLL o KMIA.

We are in process to order a G450, but we need an interim plane, our CJ2 is too small for our current needs and the G450 will arrive in Q4 2006 as sooner or Q1/Q2 2007.

First we looked for to dry lease a GIV, but nothing descent is available, we have no chance to deal with gulf for a used GIV (to exchenge for our G450 at the delivery), a G200 could be, but we opt look for a more reliable plane as first option, also with must be already available.

Senior .... who handled your contract???

This should have been a no brainer .... "we sign on the dotted line when Gulfstream provides lift for our flight department." They have info on several customers who are returning aircraft or are looking for short/long leases ect. Obviously your flight department would incur all costs assoicated with the operation of the aircraft.

I worked for us with Dassault.

Good luck with the G450. Sounds like an awesome machine.

Senior

Why not contact Bombardier or Flexjet directly? They'll have the information you are looking for, and it'll probably be rather more accurate than what may be provided here. Talk to them, they are a very nich bunch of people who actually sell or lease aircraft for a living; they'll be delighted to take your call and answer your questions. If you are serious, they'll even arrange for a demo-trip.

PS
Ever heard of a spell checker?

This should have been a no brainer .... "we sign on the dotted line when Gulfstream provides lift for our flight department." They have info on several customers who are returning aircraft or are looking for short/long leases ect. Obviously your flight department would incur all costs assoicated with the operation of the aircraft.
Yes, but at this moment no attractive option is available (only the same G200 :p), we're waiting for availabilitity on a GIV but no good luck, the closest is a GV or a new G500 just "orphan".

At this moment we are focused on the transition plane, and the transactions to exchange our stocks and values for the money to acquire both a/c (isn't as easy as sound), so this delayed the confirmation of our order, also we considered not to order the G450 and take a GL5000 position available sooner for 5MM$ more (an "opportunity"), but we think the G450 by far is our best option as our first big plane, and covers better our needs in short-medium and long range missions.

Why not contact Bombardier or Flexjet directly? They'll have the information you are looking for, and it'll probably be rather more accurate than what may be provided here. Talk to them, they are a very nich bunch of people who actually sell or lease aircraft for a living; they'll be delighted to take your call and answer your questions. If you are serious, they'll even arrange for a demo-trip.

Our Boss is more less a paranoid, he doesn't fly nothing older than 10 yr and with more than 6000hr, sometimes we charter a GIV, and a Da900C, we tried to persuade him about a Fractional (Really we don't need more than 100 hr/yr on a big jet, for the rest of our flights a Sovereign or a Cl300 is more than enough) but no good luck, after he read about the a/c usage intensity in fractionals, he opted fly no more on fractionals, he occupies the a/c about 90% of the time and he has the money for it.

We have a meeting with an professional advisor the next week, I hope to found some info to verify their data (when we opted for th G450, the same guy doesn't showed us the Gl5000 as an option, so I suspect about him, but because I'm not really a pro-airman I have only few arguments to discuss).

The last 3 yr our grown was greater than our FD, also we have limitations on our staff to cover all our operations (basically software related, and real state investments around America and Europe, and soon Asia / India) due our grown.

What do you think about the GL5000, it outperforms the G450 and is roomier and has the best climb perfromance (sometimes we operate in confined fields so a good initial climb rate is a good new), being based on the GLEX, must be as reliable as the latest GLEX, and has available EVS and ETOPS.

Thanks,

Sorry I'm not a native English spoken.

Latest resources

Back