• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CL-601 down in Montrose, CO

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Its not the same. PFT is conditional to employment. The pilots at AA etc. are collectively taking the hit. They weren't given a choice between retaining their money (higher pay) and possibly being fired or taking the pay cut and retaining employment.

Apples and oranges

"Hello 911, I'd like to report a missing thread. It was about a Challenger 601 crashing. It was here a while ago, but now it has disapeared."

Be sure to tell the 911 dispatcher about the guy holding a gun to your head forcing you to read posts about PFT...

Oakum_Boy said:
2. PFT pilots cannot really guarantee a safe and efficient operation. I've seen it first hand. At PFT airlines and operators, it is a single pilot proposition. The seat warmers to the right are just that. Not ideal, but my reality for now.

3..... Why? Because I work for a company who has long since stopped PFT, but the people getting hired are still useless. Maybe you're right on some level, but the bottom line is that sh1tty companies attract sh1tty applicants.
Oakum,

Two questions.

1. Are you making reference to you fellow pilots at ASA???

2. Is your profile accurate?

Why do you spend so much time bashing your fellow ASA pilots? Are they all that bad?

If you are a Captain with 3000 hours I would be interested in you credentials at the time of hire. Given the time line you must be an incredibly junior Captain, I can't imagine that you fly with anyone of the PFTers except maybe when you were a sh1thot new hire.

I'm not trying to give you a hard time here but the pejorative light you paint your fellow pilots bothers me a bit. I'd be interested to know why you think they all suck.

...so, as I was saying....
They finally found the kid, he was under some of the wreckage. I was talking to my supervisor earlier and he has appearently seen some aftermath photos.
Does anyone have any idea where to view them?

His description made it sound as uglier that what I have read already.

...I am sorry to interupt your off-subject conversation, what was it you were FLAMING about? PFT?

Last edited:
MetroSheriff said:
Why do you spend so much time bashing your fellow ASA pilots? Are they all that bad?

If you are a Captain with 3000 hours I would be interested in you credentials at the time of hire. Given the time line you must be an incredibly junior Captain, I can't imagine that you fly with anyone of the PFTers except maybe when you were a sh1thot new hire.

I'm not trying to give you a hard time here but the pejorative light you paint your fellow pilots bothers me a bit. I'd be interested to know why you think they all suck.
Yeah, all about correct. I prefer low-time F/O's with a good education and training backround. Interns are usually the best of the bunch. Because: 1. They're willing to learn. 2. Have a strong training base. 3. Are highly enthusiastic about the new job; and although not overly-knowledgable, can safely use a checklist. 3. Don't have two or three other jobs to juggle, which means they can keep up with the latest revisions, and procedural changes. 4. Take initiative and show up to the airplane early. 5. Don't hang their coat on the only hangar in the cockpit. 6. Don't store their personal luggage on the flight deck. 7. Don't answer questions from support personnel which are clearly directed at the Captain. 8. Can talk on the radio without embarassing himself. 9. Do the safety check BEFORE doing the walk around, even if it's cold. 10. Put on the O2 mask above 250 without prompting. 11. Well this is getting old...

Latest resources

Back