• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CJC Trips Over Dollar, Saves Penny

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well Debbie Downer, given your statement, "It's stories like this that make me so proud to be an airline pilot", it seems as though you might think the airline industry is somehow immune to jackassery. In other words, even though I myself have never been presented with such an opportunity, I witness on almost a daily basis fellow pilots going above and beyond for customers. I'm actually very pleased with my status as an airline pilot/gear bitch.

;)

-Brett

Colgan Air avoided paying the crewmember $10.50 for the flight, but in the process delayed the flight for 33 passengers, paid $20 in food vouchers, $159 for one night in a hotel, and perhaps most egregiously, delayed the homecoming of a United States Serviceman.
Or another way of looking at it is the Captain inconvenienced one of our fine US soldiers over $10.50 for a deadheading crewmember. And then the deadheader didn't even get the extra money anyway. Here's to you Mr. Discount Airline Pilot Guy. Jack@ss!

The cockpit jumpseat is not a revenue seat to be used by the gate agent to get more passengers on board. It is for jumpseaters, not deadheaders.

The cockpit jumpseat is not a revenue seat to be used by the gate agent to get more passengers on board. It is for jumpseaters, not deadheaders.

So you would rather kick off a soldier? Sit your butt in the jumpseat...shake the soldier's hand..and thank him for his service. Sometimes you just have to do what is right.

Sure, if there is a jumpseater trying to use the jumpseat. If not, common sense dictates that you allow your customer to use the ticket he bought to get to his destination. Not to mention the deadheader didn't have a problem sitting in the jumpseat. The captain had a problem with him sitting there without an extra $10.50 in his pocket. Maybe you're the captain?

yeah, I don't think AP covered this story. It sounds like it was written by someone at Colgan.

I appreciate what soldiers do for us, but they don't deserve special treatment on airplanes just because they are in the military.

Booking must-ride is crew-scheduling's problem and the CA shouldn't have to be the bad guy.

The deadheading crewmember should not be compelled to sit in the jumpseat.

Sam...

These are the guys that are out there defending our country and getting killed to protect us, so we can have a safe nation, and if we bump into one of them the least we can do is show them some courtesy!!!

My 02 cents

crew scheduling is allowed to dictate 10.50$ vs 159$ plus the inconvinence of a full boat? Are you guy's and gal's serious the jumpseater should just shake the hand of the military guy and say thanks? OF course he should, but he should get paid 2 gallons of gas to ride in that awfull jumpseat.

I think this is bull. Even AP has spell check and this guy could not spell his way out of a paperbag.

Latest resources

Back