• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Civilian IFF?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't know what your angle is, I really don't care. But I will say that I have been in military aviation for 18 years, had my fill of visual IFF both air and ground. I have been through many safety schools that used civil aircraft accidents for the training. After all that, I can honestly say the only civil jet I can identify without a reference is the 747. Could be I am a slow learner but I believe it is because I could care less.

I couldn't tell you the difference between a 73 and a 75 especially by the sound. I think you are barking up the wrong tree with this crazy theory.

RJFlake,

If someone went all the trouble to orchestrate 9/11 with fake airplanes, don't ya' think they'd at least get an exact copy of a AA 757 to do their targeting? If some clown can get an exact copy of Air Force I for an internet graffiti hoax, a 757 would be even easier.

I guess you clowns will move onto the exact copy theory later.

Thanks for the help guys... and the respect. You're right.. its not worth it to research this type of stuff. I'll stop now. Thanks again.

Just some common sense thinking...if a large aircraft is coming in on the deck with the engine's firewalled, even the best acft identifier may make a mistake between a 37 and 57 in short notice. It's not like folks had much time to decide if it had a longer nose or higher tail when it's coming in balls to the wall. I doubt there was much time to tell the engines by sound either.

Accidently fanned the flames...sorry, I'm done. ;)

C-150ETOPS said:
RJFlake,

If someone went all the trouble to orchestrate 9/11 with fake airplanes, don't ya' think they'd at least get an exact copy of a AA 757 to do their targeting? If some clown can get an exact copy of Air Force I for an internet graffiti hoax, a 757 would be even easier.

I guess you clowns will move onto the exact copy theory later.

It's all a hoax. Planes really didn't crash into the WTC either! :rolleyes:

Slice121 said:
It's all a hoax. Planes really didn't crash into the WTC either! :rolleyes:

C'mon Slice...you and I both know Rudy G. signed a secret agreement with the Canadians to hide the WTC behind one of those Star Trek cloaking device thingys...:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back