• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Civil Air Patrol Until Retirement?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Its at CAPUSAF HQ. They just like to torment me.

Looks like a lot of you guys have gone this avenue before. I looked at other options and this seems to be the best way to serve while flying in the real world. I just wish they move like they care.

Last edited:
You just hit the nail on the head

I'm pretty sure they DON'T care. As far as patches, my SD gave me all but the name tag. Bought those through Mardon - $14 for two of them - royal blue with dark yellow/gold rim and white lettering/wings. Don't know if it's different by state. www.mardonco.com 800-571-1375 They may also be able to set you up with the other patches if all else fails. FWIW, took me about 10 weeks to get transferred from my ANG unit 18 months ago. Don't know why it's taking this long for you. fingerprint search turn up something? :D

Last edited:
At last!

Im on board fellas! Anyone have any input on what kind of duties to put in for? Anyone heard of Cadet Encampments? The SD is big on it but Im a bit unsure if it's for me. Also, how often to these guys do RCPHA or PT tests? I know its supposed to be annually, but I have seen regular Reserve units "deviate" from this. Not looking to skip on anything just wanna know what I should expect to see minus the shock. Thanks!

Congrats!

[FONT=&quot]So how big did the bribe end up being? ;)

AS far as duty goes, main on is to visit CAP units during their normal weekly meetings. Our Liaison Region (LR) commander (an AD O-5) requires us to attend a SAR manager's course once every 3 years, and a SAR EXercise once/year. WE also have one "drill" weekend per year which is uber-mandatory. It is a SUTA (split UTA), offered twice a year for some flexibility. We're welcome to attend more than one Sarex/year. We're encouraged but not coerced to do encampments (think Boy Scout or 4-H camp, with a little Basic Trng thrown in). You an also earn points by working on PME. About 15 - 20 points for each of the 6 sections of ACSC.

Keep in mind, you have to EARN at least 35 points/year. That with your 15 gratis membership points will give you 50 for a good year. Also keep in mind that you can't count more than 90 INACTIVE points/anniversary year toward retirement. Those would be all points which you earn that weren't on a manday.

It's up to you about the encampments. How concerned are you about keeping your SD happy? How open are you to trying new things just to see what they're about. We're allowed to attend any portion of an encampment which our civilian schedule allows. You may not have to commit a full 7 - 9 days.

AS far as RCPHA and Dental exams, they're hard to fudge, since they’re centrally managed. The Dental can be signed off by your civ DD, and is good until the last day of the 12th month since it was previously done (just like a second class medical). I'm pretty sure the RCPHA has the same time line, but can't swear to it. It has to be performed by a military medical facility. Forms and instructions are on the ARPC website.

Fudging the PT will depend largely on your LR/CC and SD. IT expires one year TO THE DAY since you last performed it. WE did get a memo though that says that simply attempting the PT meets the time requirement. However, if you don't pass, I believe there are progressively onerous rehabilitation requirements. :rolleyes:

What LR/State are you in? Hope you enjoy the assignment! Good Luck[/FONT]

Capped

It looks like I'll be able to pull a few days of the encampment (have to fly missions in between) so we'll see. I am about 2 years behind my PT Test (I was on IRR this past year and on EAD the year before), and a year behind the RCPHA. They have mentioned it a couple months ago but nothing has been done as of yet so I'll press. I was just gained the beginning of July.
Because of my various AFSCs I get picked and sometimes volunteer for EADs so I'd like to plan on doing most of the 35 points doing CAP duties before playing GI Joe. I heard E promotions are hard to come by, so I'm hoping all my EAD and Combat tours will help.

Any time on CAP requirement before I can ask to be put in for the OVSM?

Thanks a lot for the info.

SB

Actually, if you get an FAA Class I medical exam, it counts for your RCPHA. If you go to this website: http://arpc.afrc.af.mil/medical/operations/forms_pubs.asp and click on the RCRHA form, print and fill it out and take it to your AME, he signs the last page and you can fax it to SGP medical branch along with your FAA Medical form (the whole form, not just the certificate) and they'll count it. Check out http://arpc.afrc.af.mil/medical/operations/physical_exams.asp for more info. Plus you can log a point for something you have to do anyway....

Latest resources

Back