Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

terryhfly

CitationShares Sept. Class?

Has anyone heard from CitationShares about the Sept. class yet?

Last edited:
I understand CS uses flight safety, which one??

Hoping to hear from CS regarding an interview very soon and was hoping one of you guys could help with a couple of questions. Ex military and recent part121 freight (company that I was with, just went tits up).

I am used to runway analysis charts and NOT used to converting slope. I have compared the slope listed on some military runways (usually listed on the airport page) to subtracting the low end from the high end and dividing by the runway length and the number is not the same? The question is why?

I can define 2nd, 3rd and fourt segment climb but not sure why it is such a big deal in the fractional world and all the questions regarding it in the interview.

I have seen "gouge" on converting FT/NM to a % but must not be doing that right either. On a particular SID it shows 276' per NM and then under the 150kt groundspeed column it says 690. I take that to mean that if you are doiing 150 kts and climbing at least 690FPM then you will have no problem complying with the climb restrictions so I am not sure why I need to convert to a climb gradient?

The formula that I have seen shows (ex: 500 ft/nm x 1nm) number of nm x 6079 =%.
In my previous example if I take 276 and divide by 6079=.0454. The 100 knot speed column shows 460. Is this the correct way to do this?

Thanks for any help!

Latest resources

Back