CitationShares from Regional!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

phishn@daves

Has anyone here gone from a regional job to CitationShares?

I'm looking to head that direction. I currently work for a regional based in STL as an FO, and I live in CT. If I can work for CS I can work out of HPN. Plus, It's 7 on 7 off, I have the opportunity to work for someone the 7 days off, so I could really make some decent money.

Right now, I'm making around 24K, CS is 35K salary, plus I would be working for the other person!

Can you still get to the airlines from CS, if I eventually want to go that route again?

I guess I just need some help making up my mind and I keep trying to find the pros and negate the cons.

Thanks

Be careful on your 7 days off working another flying job. I would suspect that all the fractional operators would frown upon that without prior permission. The reason being is if you would happen to get violated for any reason and lose your ticket or even have it suspended, there goes the money your boss put out for your training. It could possibly get sticky. I know it sounds like a long shot for something like that to happen, but nothing is impossible.

Sorry I wasn't very clear, I was a chef while I was furloughed and I could work at the same place on those 7 days.

Any interest in FLOPS? It will be adding the Jungle Jet shortly. Perhaps your experience would be valued more there. Although, I do like the CS lineup of aircraft - the CJ1 is actually a great little airplane with an outstanding flight deck - I was really impressed when I saw it. I'll bet that CS will also pick up Citation Xs at some point - regardless of Netjets...

What do CS pilots think about the CJ1? Anyone have experience flying one? What is a "typical" route profile like in the CJ1 for CS (a lot of smaller airports)?

Having time in the Embraer won't help one bit at Flight Options. There is zero chance of starting in that airplane. Having time in the Beechjet, CJ, straight wing Citations, or King Air MIGHT help, but not very likely. Regardless of whether or not somebody has time in type, or a type rating, they go to an initial training at Simuflite or FSI for whatever type they are put in.

Heavy Set,

As much as the pilots would love to get some Citation X's, the word directly from the CEO has been that it will not happen. Too expensive, I think, to make sense for our owners. The Sovereigns should be able to adequately fulfill the mission requirements of those who would otherwise choose the X's, but at a cheaper purchase price.

I don't fly the CJ1, but my friends who do have told me that the fleet overall is a "gentleman's club" of sorts - 20 to 25 hours' flying per tour on average, mostly up and down the east coast. Seems like that plane has short legs, though. Gotta really watch the fuel burn on most trips, even with just a couple of passengers.

Citationshares is a much better gig than being an FO at a STL-based regional airline. You'd be typed right off th ebat, and start gaining PIC jet turbine on the legs you fly, making much more money.

I really don't see why you need to 'make up your mind". It's a no brainer. You live in CT? I don't see a downside here.

The hard part will be convincing D.S. that you are ready to give up the airlines for good.

Hey English,

Thanks I need a kick in the a$$!!

I don't see a downside either, but I just thought I was being biased. I've sent a resume in and a buddy of mine works over there under DS so maybe I'll get an interview.

Thanks for the reply!!!

Latest resources

Back