CitationShares-Barry Lambert

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Diesel said:
I guess 2 of those weeks are for aircraft training.

By the way was in aspen the other day and a CS XL circled to the other runway. I talked to the pilot and asked if you guys were aproved for that by the company. He said you were and you do it all the time?

Was he right? Do you guys really circle to aspen all the time?

Why would we need approval to circle to the other runway?

Have done it and not a big deal in good weather.

I've seen Air Wisconsin do it in their BAE-146.

the xl's apu is not approved for un-moniterd use, you have to be with the aircraft at all times. seems the generator kicks offline some.

Chewbacca said:
I am very happy here, happy with the sched. and with quality of life. They treat you well enough not to need any representation but your own. I had enough of that BS at ACA.

this is all my opinion, so blast away if you must! =P

cheers

Chewy,

It's funny, this is EXACTLY the attitude many FLOPs pilots had a year or two ago. Now a union drive is underway. Hope you don't end up in our shoes, but like most aviation entities, they don't go very long or grow very large without a union showing up on campus. Remember, the BEST time to implement a union might be when BOTH sides are on good terms.

The real question here is "WWBD?" Can someone please e-mail him a link to this thread? To circle or not to circle. While ago I thought 'hazelnut creamer is fattening, WWBD?' and then I dumped about 10 tablespoons in my coffee. Of course I was just hoping that was what BWD because that is how I desired my coffee to taste. To have 1000 calorie coffee or 0 calorie? WWBD?

Glad I'm not flying with you!

tailhookah said:
CS circles into aspen.... it's totally safe, I've done it myself (daylight only and within the minimums for the circle). much more safe in my book than landing at that altitude w/ a tail wind and possible wet runway as well. the circle is certified by terps to be safe and doable. so stop your whining.... it's safe.

This "they're all pussies" attitude is a killer. Terps also has surveyed and shown the straight in approach to be safe, if you do it right. But tell that to the ghosts of the Gulfstream crew and pax that smacked the hill to the west of centerline for 16. If the weather is marginal I'd rather end up alive at APA than kissing the ramp at ASE after scaring myself.

So the Cat C mins are 3 miles, would you circle in 3 miles? In light rain? What about 4? Maybe 5? Where do you draw the line? Does your company provide training for this procedure? Did you fly there with a check airman? No? I bet those BAe-146 crews get trained and signed off by a check pilot.

Lastly, we're only approved for a 10kt tailwind. I'd much rather land on 16 (uphill) with the tailwind than circle. Weigh the options, dude. If it's windy out of the north, sorry. If you can't say "NO" to an owner, you're gonna kill yourself, your crew, and your rich pax, and your company. Think about that next time you lose sight of the runway to the southeast on the circle.

What straight-in approach...?

Runway 16?

Are we still talking about ASE?

Dude if you think circling into ase is safe you haven't flown in there enough.

Anis said:
What straight-in approach...?

Runway 16?

Are we still talking about ASE?

Yes, we're talking about ASE. But there IS no straight in approach for ASE. The approach I beleive is a VOR/DME-C (a circling approach due to high decent angles). We're just saying that landing 16, which can be done straight in if the field is in sight a long way out, is the safest, and in my opinion, the ONLY way into ASE unless you've had formal training.

Thank you...I definitely lack your perspective from where I sit.

Makes sense.

Latest resources

Back