CitationShares-Barry Lambert

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Guido8million.....

never called you or anyone a **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**...stop putting words into my mouth. w/ wx at mins the only really safe way to execute a "stable" approach, via terps requirements is to circle. so if you want to dive and drive from upon high at the faf then I don't want to fly w/ you cowboy. the g bird that smacked the mountain or hill on final was low, at night and had other out of parameter things going on. if they shot the approach correctly we would still be privy to their drivel on this board..... but the key function to make that approach dangerous is to do it at night. i've done it at mins in daylight and it's perfectly safe. i also have seen the regionals do it as well. and let me tell you, they wouldn't be doing it if diesel is correct and it's soo dangerous. if the straight in was so safe then why are the airliners circling????

lighten up francis

woah wait a second.

Let's just define here for a second.

Vor approach would put you on a "circle" dog leg for 15.

The circling I was talking about was for 33. Which is still nuts.

the reason the gulfstream crashed at ASE is because they NEVER had the runway, they were not CONFIGURED, they were too low for the missed approach, and get their itis screwed them.

Some airliners "mesaba and the other bae drivers" are specifically trained to land 33. They have specific training for their own approach for 33 and have specific sop's. The pilots flying the bae jet only do ase because you have to have qualifications and so on. I flew with a guy who was ase qualified in the bae and they did actual training in the aircraft for ase for 33.

The visual circle to 33 is nuts. Even the CS pilot I talked to said it was "interesting." He told me you lose the runway but pick it up again on the other side of the hill.

Me i'd rather land with a tailwind uphill. Or go missed and go to grand junction.

Allright!

Keep talking about circling approaches to ASE and no one gets hurt!

The 146 is a different bird than any biz jet. AND, the crews are signed off on the ASE ops.

If we can't see the runway by the first fix after Red Table, we go around. Forget circling.TC

Get your testosterone right

Texasskicker said:
My budster told me that he is very keen on eye contact. YOu need to stare straight into his eyes at all times, he looks for that.

Do not make comments about rogaine minoxidil or hydrotestosterone he is very self concious about his do or lack thereof.

Also, he is a computer geek so strike up a conversation about gigabytes and yer in!

Tex.

Its Dihydrotestosterone DHT jackazz...that causes baldness and other problems.

The Doc.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back