• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Citations at 14 yrs. old?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why are you guys making such a big stink about this kid? Get over yourselves. Everyone is sooo pissed that this kid gets to fly a citation at 14 yo, an oportunity that I'm just sure all of you would've turned down. Again, why do you care? Anybody who attacks this kid is either a) insecure, bitter, and threatened or b) a class warrior. This is a GD annonymous message board, and its supposed to be fun. Give yourselves a rest. Please.

In good wx conditions, with a little experience, a great aircraft and experienced pilot looking over your shoulder, flying is just about as hard as driving a car. Thus, it doesn't surprise me at all that a teenager can fly a citation with his mother. What makes someone a pilot is the ability to conduct himself professionally, understand his aircraft's systems and performance, abide by procedure, and logically react to abnormal situations.

skyking1976 said:
I smell BS. Does anyone else smell BS?

Sorry that was me. Had Taco Bell for lunch. :D

Kid,

I would not worry about it, post all you want!
Its a free country and you can say what you want!

Guys are just trying to give you a little friendly advice.

I certainly would remain anonymous, this is the internet. You will notice nobody comes right out and names thier employer, etc..Its definitly NOT a good idea.

PS- Bloom, I really dont think anyone is a bit jealous about a kid riding in a Citation, everyone is just trying to give him some pointers and DE-GEEK him a bit.
:D

Last edited:
Wow, I just logged on and read this thread in its entirety and I have to say I am glad that people quit ragging on this kid. Wow, I mean shouldn't we be setting an example for our profession? To all of the guys that stuck up for this poor kid, my thanks. I mean to make matters even worse, the kid kept on apologizing to the people that were ragging on him and they kept on ragging on him. My god, I was really disgusted to see what I was reading. Remember guys, he is 14, you can't expect him to act 30. I say you go CitationKid; build that time with mom and dad and when you get ready to g get your private you will be worlds ahead. Good for you to have that opportunity!!

Come on guys, lets set a good example for the youth and show some restraint when they get a little boastful, they are young. Teach them, instruct them, give them some of your wisdom, like the guys in the last several post did. Anyone can beat someone up, but it takes a real adult to show patience and teach him or her a better way.

Have fun on your trip CitationKid!

SD

Thanks a lot guys I think I'll go back and change some things and act a little different in the future. I like what seck said, I would have to say that flying is a little harder to do then driving a car tho.:) I can tell you I'm the only kid that reads books on flying in class when we have to read, but the other kids are intersted in it and I already have a list for rides when I get my ppl. Hopefully I can inspire more teens to fly.:)

Gulfstream 200 said:
You may just want to lighten up on the "my mommys Citation" and "my daddy's Citation" stuff......it just invokes this vision of you sitting in the right seat breast feeding or something....

just a suggestion from someone who has been there!!
You've breast feed while sitting in the right seat??? I've heard of the Mile High Club, but I think this is stretching the definition a tad! LOL! ;) :D :p

501261 said:
Well said Falc (say, were you in JAC yesterday?)
Nope, I don't think any of our planes were out there. That isn't a regular stop for us.

Relax guys, he will have to go back to school very soon. Its that time of the year again, BACK TO SCHOOL!

Latest resources

Back