Citation VII or Lr60?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
G100driver said:
How about a G-100. Has good runway numbers and now that Gulfstream supports the airplane it actually has good dispatch reliablity.
How's the baggage on the g100/astra?

Not that great once you strap the aux tanks in the rear baggage compartment, in order to get the same range as a 60.

And that cabin is wicked claustraphobic. It really is.

ultrarunner said:
Not that great once you strap the aux tanks in the rear baggage compartment, in order to get the same range as a 60.

And that cabin is wicked claustraphobic. It really is.

The cabin is a bit claustraphopic. With 4 pax OK. Fill it up ... yuck.

As far as the range goes. Same as Lear without aux in G100. The Astra is more limted. It has the 731-C vs -40 in the G100. Either way both have more range than the straight 60.

Both the Astra/G100 can go East/West across the US and regularly go to HI. A 70 knot headwind was our limit going from TEB to the PacNW. (I am sure you could max range it and make it with more of a headwind).

I have yet to see any 60's in Hawaii while I regularly see Astra's and G100's over there.

Baggage space is good but you cut it by about 1/3 with the aux tank. Running out of a 4500' strip you will most likely not be using it anyhow.

You might want to check it out. For 7-8 million you can find a SPX/G100 with an APU.

Good luck. Nothing better than a new type rating!

You should PM Lead Sled on DOC's ect. He is THE expert on this airframe.

Ahh, the G100 with the different motors. I forgot about that, and now remember that it and the SPX had more range. Thanks.

But yeah, it would be big-time tight with more than 4 folks.

G100driver said:
I have yet to see any 60's in Hawaii while I regularly see Astra's and G100's over there.
I flew with a guy that took a 60 to Hawaii. He landed with 2500 LBS and he's not the kind of guy to take chances.

I find the Astra/G100 to be claustrophobic with just one person in there-- me! It's the narrowness of that cabin which I don't like.

Still, for the money it's darn hard to argue with.

I have alot of time in the CE-650.
If you go with the 650, make sure it is a VII. It has better performance, and
on hot days, it is REALLY needed. Once airborn, it climbs well with one or
two engines and is really easy to fly. If you can't fly the 650, it's time to
think of another career.

I love the 650, but it's a hanger queen. It will go coast to coast with a refuel.
I would not try it nonstop east bound either, I've gone Las Vegas to TEB with
a winter wind. Its best legs are the NJ/NY to Miami/FLL area. If common leggs
are coast to coast, then get the 60.

my 2 cents

CE

HawkerF/O said:
I flew with a guy that took a 60 to Hawaii. He landed with 2500 LBS and he's not the kind of guy to take chances.

I call shenagans on that one.. The 60 only toppes out at 7700 (approx).

Figure 223 (1500 lbs) gals first hour, 194(1400) second hour and about 180 (1200lbs) the third.

7700-2500= 5200 lbs burn. Or good for about 3.7 hours.

If he did it, it would have to be one of those freaky no wind days.. Good thing he didn't chuck an engine or anything.

The company I work for won't even entertain the thought of going to Hawaii on part 135. Most of the time your fuel is cut soooo close and then there is the problem of the dreaded "wet footprint"

Thats just what I think.

Rokit88

I'll second that....2500lbs. after landing in Hawaii?? Sounds too good to be true. 1000-1500 would be more believable. Either way it's foolish to take a LJ60 out there.

LJ60 Endurance

I've had the 60 up for as long as 6 hours and still landed with 1000lbs but you're just about going crazy after 5 hours.

Latest resources

Back