• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Citation Shares question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So your rewarding people to fly to the edge of the earth and tired when another pilot says, "nope I'm done this is unsafe."
Diesel,
I'm getting tired and I'm not sure why I'm responding to you, but this is the last time. You're talking about something completely different than I am when I refer to overtime. An overtime day, more often than not, is a day before your regular tour starts, which the company uses to position you for the next day's trip, usually by airline. If you work an overtime day at the end of your regular tour you may fly a trip or two. It's exclusively voluntary either way. It provides the company with flexibility in staffing airplanes when large numbers of pilots are coming off tour (Mondays and Wednesdays). I have never been asked to fly when I was tired. In fact, I don't find that I work all that hard here at all.

We have the same 10 hour rest requirement that you have at NetJets. Unlike you at NetJets, we rarely work a 14-hour day. That may change as our airplane deliveries and pilot hiring slows down...who knows? For now all I can say is it's a terrific job and I don't understand why you insist on trying to expose it for what it isn't.

Hey trust me nobody has more problems than NJ. I totally admit that.

I've got quite a few friends at CS and we've all discussed the "preferred pilots" at CS. NJ has them too so don't feel bad.

You said earlier, "No one forces you to work overtime. Yes, you'll still upgrade if you don't work overtime. And yes, someone who does work overtime may upgrade before you."

So if you want to upgrade you have to work longer hours than someone else? 7 days is a long time on the road. Why does a guy with a family and kids at home have to stay out longer just to make more money? He does his job very well and bends over backwards during his 7 days on. Now the company want's an 8th day from him? If he doesn't give it to him he might not upgrade before some single guy with no family?

A seniority list doesn't give you the right to make capatain. It gives you the oportunity. Your passing is up to you.

blah blah

Diesel.... don't you have enough to gripe about w/ your current employer? Why don't you just go blow.... leave our company to those who like it.... us. Keep your views and your constant complaining to yourself and talk to yourself in the mirror.... maybe then someone will listen and care about your stupid views and rants about a system you don't work for or under and let those who have legitimate questions and concerns about our fine company have the space on this board.... in other words shut up!

hugs/kisses
tail

I must say I came to this site to find some info on CS, and I was surprised to see the childish bickering going on with you guys. It's time to grow up folks....you sound like my sisters kids for Gods sake.

If there are any mature CS pilots on here, maybe you can take the time to answer a few questions I have regarding your company.

1) First year pay I hear is around $45,000 w/ per diem/bonuses. Correct??
2) Everyone is 7 on 7 off from day 1?
3) Upgrade roughly one year for a new hire? It sounds to me like you don't upgrade by seniority at CS from what I've read above, is this actually true?
4) What does a Captain top out at roughly, NOT including overtime.
5) What's the biggest drawback to flying at CS?

I appreciate any answers that a CS pilot here could provide.
Thanks.......

I found CS not a very user freindly company from just my discussions with them.
Not every pilot lives close to one of the gateways, which requires a move with no financial assistance.
I personnally live in a city with major airlne service and could not justify a move just to start the 7 day tour on the airlines from one of there gateways.

how long does it usually take to hear from them...just sent them a resume? what kind of time r they looking for. i have 4700 tot 3100 in turbo prop and 25oo 121 pic....

Minuses I've heard.

I've talked with a few CS crews on the road and it seems the life is the same as everyone else. A couple minuses that seems to hurt their morale:

1) Non-seniority based upgrades means everyone has to play the politics game. Upgrades have more to do with kissing butt than performance.

2) Tips are not reimbursed.

3) If you fly through a meal and get crew catering your per diem is docked for it.

4) Training events come out of Your time, not the companies.

5) They don't seem to like the uniform jackets. (might have just been those two crews though)

6) Company is stickler about the domicile thing.

Things they like:

1) Pay is pretty good.

2) 7 and 7 is very nice (i don't think anyone starts their tours on a weekend).

3) Equipment.

DBCooper, and others looking for honest information about Citationshares;

As you know there is the good and bad about every company out there. Even the most highly regarded companies might have a reason or two why someone in the world might not want to work for them. As pilots, it's important for us to determine what the truth is about any particular company, so that we can decide what we can live with, and what we can't. The problem is, certain companies, such as CS, cannot stand having anything negative posted about them on public websites, such as this one.

I think you will get more accurate information about the company by meeting pilots on the road and getting their thoughts. CS pilots will not post the bad info here on flightinfo.com. In the very recent past, employees, and even their families, have been harassed for posting accurate info on this website about CS. If you want to know the truth about the company, just ask a pilot on the road. You will get a completely different picture of the company when you go this route, rather than reading the posts here. All in all I think CS is a great company, but not everyone is going to be willing to put up with some of their policies. If you want to have an accurate picture, go talk to some crews on the road.

bravodude said:
they used to hire into the left seat but not anymore evrybody goes to the right seat first. upgrades are based on merrit.
How fair is it to upgrade solely on merit? So basically you have to be a "company man" and not stand up for yourself when the company fuks you over.

Diesel said:
A seniority list doesn't give you the right to make capatain. It gives you the oportunity. Your passing is up to you.
I agree, when a pilot's number comes up for upgrade, that does not immediately make that pilot an automatic captain, however, his/her seniority number should ensure that pilot his/her fair turn, regardless of managements personal feelings towards that pilot. For example, just because a pilot happens to be a "family man" and would rather be with their kids as opposed to flying 2 extra days for the company should not mean that he gets passed for upgrade when it's his turn. Seniority is the ONLY fair way to upgrade. Otherwise, most of the suckups upgrading will be pu$$ies who allow the company to run all over them and can't make descisions for themselves.

Latest resources

Back