Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

otis

Brewer, Patriot
Does Citation Shares ever hire into the left seat or is it strictly the right seat?

How long does it take to upgrade?

Thanks,
Otis

they used to hire into the left seat but not anymore evrybody goes to the right seat first. upgrades are based on merrit.

bravodude said:
they used to hire into the left seat but not anymore evrybody goes to the right seat first. upgrades are based on merrit.

Hey Bravodude,

How long before you can change your name to Sovereigndude? Pretty cool airplanes. I would expect that it is bidding pretty senior (by merit of course). Could a CJ1 Captain move up to a Sovereign based on merit or is there more of a linear promotion - from CJ1 to Bravo/Excel to Sovereign? How many do you expect to have on the property within the next few months. And, lastly, any word on how nice the Sovereign is to fly from your line buddies?

actually i should have changed it to excelldude but oh well we dont really bid for airplanes if someone wants to move into another airplane they just ask their pm and then when it opens up they go. yes you could go from a cj to a soveign. personally i love the xl and dont want to leave it. the legs are to long in a soverign dont want to do the walk of shame. i think we should have around 4-5 next year unless more delivery positions open up. they guys that are flying it now love it.

Do you send a bottle or a case of booze to move from the cj to the soverign?

I'm sure the "handpicked" pilots flying the soverign are HPN based

Why do yall put up with it

Stink bug said in another thread: "What you heard is essentially correct. Though I don't know if the fellows you talked to mentioned that the once-per-year 11-day tour is followed by 10 days off. We do conduct our three-day recurrent on our weeks off. So there's two more tours where you could potentially be gone for 10 days. Yes, training on off weeks is a sore spot with most of the pilots. Although I'd like to see it change, it really doesn't bother me much personally...our total days off per year still exceeds that of the other fractionals (except perhaps the top 50% of Netjets guys, who are 7/7 and train during their on weeks)"

I moved it over here cause nobody's answerin my question over there.

My question to yall CS airman is why do you put up with em messin with your schedule like that?

Are you forced to do overtime? What happens to your merit based upgrade if you dont wanna do overtime?

Texasskicker,

Maybe noone's aswering the question because we don't feel it's worth the bother...you're making a mountain out of a molehill. Anyone who's signed on in the last year already knows the policy when they're hired, so they have no right to complain. Anyone who's been here longer than that probably complains...but they understand the intent of the schedule swap is to allow everyone to have the holidays off every other year. To be honest I hear very little grumbling about the schedule around here.

No one forces you to work overtime. Yes, you'll still upgrade if you don't work overtime. And yes, someone who does work overtime may upgrade before you.

Stinkbug

Repeat after me... "If you don't like it, don't go to work there." :rolleyes:

Tex--Are you a NetJetter trying to export warm fuzzies? :D TC

No one forces you to work overtime. Yes, you'll still upgrade if you don't work overtime. And yes, someone who does work overtime may upgrade before you.
Just like working in an office. If you put in the extra hours and work harder than the next guy, you're gonna get that promotion before "Mr. status quo" does.

So your rewarding people to fly to the edge of the earth and tired when another pilot says, "nope I'm done this is unsafe."

That could lead to potential problems.

Our company not our union won't even pay us past 14hrs because they don't want to entice pilots to keep flying to earn extra bling bling.

The union didn't come up with the rule the company did.

Latest resources

Back