• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Citation Shares Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What kind of duty days and flight time do you experience during a trip? Do you do much that wouldn't be legal under 135? ie long duty days or reduced rest?

Here's an example of what I want to avoid. I flew a trip a few days ago where we showed at 0600 and ended at 1100. We were notified at 1700 of a 2200 show for a redeye that ended at 0500. That was legal 135, but definitely not safe. I know this kind of thing happens sometimes, I'd just like to find out if you see this at CS.

Thanks

[QUOTE
I flew a trip a few days ago where we showed at 0600 and ended at 1100. We were notified at 1700 of a 2200 show for a redeye that ended at 0500. That was legal 135, but definitely not safe. QUOTE]

Is it legal if your rest is interrupted for a briefing? This argument keeps coming up, with some taking the position that a new 10-hour rest period starts when the interruption ends.

That is such a gray area. I know people used to argue that point when I flew Part 121, but we still had to fly. Even the union wouldn't fight it. I'm sure my 135 company would not accept that my rest was interrupted, because I wasn't actually required to perform any duty for the company other than answer the phone.

like I said though, I really want to avoid more of that type of flying.

as far as getting your resume noticed the best advice i can give you is get a recomendation from a current pilot that helps out alot!!!!!!!!!!!!!. otherwise just keep updating your resume about once a month. this is a good place to work and management treats us well.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back