Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Palerider957

Hello Gents,

A quick question for the group. What is the difference between a Citation II and an SII?

We have a ISP and are wanting to move up a bit. Any reccemendations?

Thanks in advance.

SII has weeping wings and a little more power. If I remember right it was a true 390-400 knt versus 370 (II). Did the SII carry more???

The S II is sometimes referred to as a "heavy II" due to its ability to carry a bit more. It is abount 25-30KTS faster. Another difference is price, I believe the SII is a couple $100K more.

Thanks.

How well does the wet wing work? I'm not crazy about fluid for de-ice, but I guess it's good enough for Hawkwers.

Is the SII worth the extra money?

The S-II has a different wing than the II, plus it uses alcohol rather than boots for de-ice. The engine is about the same, but you run higher temps. All this makes it outperform the II, but hot section inspections are much more expensive. Cessna replaced the S-II with the V that went back to the old wing and larger engines.

The S-II has a different wing than the II, plus it uses alcohol rather than boots for de-ice. The engine is about the same, but you run higher temps. All this makes it outperform the II, but hot section inspections are much more expensive. Cessna replaced the S-II with the V that went back to the old wing and larger engines.

OK, that makes sense. Thanks for the input.

If you're looking to move up from a I and want to stick with the long-wing Citations, you should consider the V or the V-Ultra. It's more money than a II or S-II but much more room..more performance and modern avionics.

I appreciate all of your responses.

flown both an while the SII was faster could carry more and go farther I was not a big fan of the weeping wing. depending on which one we flew we had 45 minutes or 1.5 hours of the anti ice in the tank. If you run dry that's it.If you fly in a lot of icing conditions you evenually will. Boots are better move up to the V or an ultra if you really need the load capability.

Latest resources

Back